Chapter 45: The Cowherd and A Celestial Maiden

Li Man is very good at cooking, and she has a good collection of recipes in her mind. So when Yu Xiao suggested for them to open their own business, she wants to try selling some snacks. Anyway, she has sisters-in-law and little aunt at home so she is not afraid to be tired. 

After running back and forth with Li Hua a couple of times to sell her snacks in town, it's proven to be a hit and it's always sold out. They were thinking to rent a store and have a proper shop, and Yu Xiao was ready to lend them money, but who knows that the couple ended up going to a restaurant to sell a couple of recipes and get enough money to buy a store. 

For the time being while waiting for the store to be renovated, Li Man still makes the snacks at home and sell it in front of the store every morning, but a kitchen is being built there and they will hire some people so she doesn't need to run back and forth all the time.

In the meantime, Bai Lan and Yu Xiao bought some wasteland around their house to expand the family's garden and livestock area. After just a few weeks, the wasteland on the east side, behind their neighbour, Shun family's house already turn into rows of vegetables garden and fruits orchard and at the back turns into rows of chicken and rabbit coops and pig houses.

There is still an empty space on the west side. Originally, they thought of building another house there for when Li Shu got married. 

Previously, there are 2 rooms in the old house and 3 additional rooms, which means each brother would have one room if they got married. However, since Li Xiangcao moved back in, she lives in the western room where Yu Xiao and the girls lived before they got married. While, Li Shu and XiaoWu lives in the eastern room that the brothers used to share. Clearly, if Li Shu got married the arrangement will not work. However, he said that he is not in a hurry and will build a room sooner or later. But, before he managed to do so, Li Man, who recently have a lot of money wants to build a two-story house there. She draws the plan and the brothers think it's a good idea to build during the winter, while their neighbours are not busy.

With a lot of things happening at home, Yu Xiao managed to finish Li Mo's new clothes and shoes. As she was showing him the set of dark blue cotton shirt and pants and the dark brownish outer clothes with black badger fur lining, he looks at her helplessly.

"You don't have to make clothes for me, I still have clothes to wear."

"I made this because I wanted to, it's not a big deal. Besides, it doesn't cost a lot of money." Yu Xiao said while she she folded the clothes on the table.

"It's not that. You have been busy lately. I don't want you to be so tired."

"I'm not tired." Yu Xiao feels that she was just playing around whole day. She just helping around the house here and there, then play with all the fluffy animal and play in the mountain to get fancy things that the sisters-in-law wanted. How could she be tired?

Li Mo raised his eyebrows and said "Oh? Not tired?" 

Only then Yu Xiao learnt that it is the wrong answer. After being taught a lesson once, twice and three times that night, he only lets her go after she promised that she won't work too hard in the future. 

When the family is having dinner together, Li Man mentioned about how some aunts were looking at her weirdly and making sneering comments. 

Yu Xiao was surprised and said, "Is that true? How come they were so prejudice against Sister Man?"

She remembers there were something in the novel that mentioned this kind of things, but since she came here, other than the incident when she entered the village and some sideways glances afterthat, the women in the village mostly treated her with politeness. Some, like Aunty Li, was even very kind to her.