Chapter 48: Second Spring

Unexpectedly, in the morning, a young man came to the house, saying that Li Yan called him to create a sewing machine. He greeted Li Hua who is in the house.

"The fourth, you are at home. Oh, your brother gave me a drawing last time, I made the prototype so I bring it here." He said while holding a basket, inside the basket is a prototype of a sewing machine.

Li Man is very excited and she is busy pulling Li Hua and Bai Lan to go downstairs together.

Bai Lan looked at him who looked familiar. Seems like last time he is one of two men who helped Li Yan to build furniture for their house.

"You are?" Bai Lan put down the broom and smiled, "You are Li Yan's friend? You made something for us?"

"Yeah." The young man grinned and revealed a white tooth. "My name is Zhang Ben."

"Zhang Big Brother, please sit down." Bai Lan greeted him, then went to the kitchen to get him some water.

Zhang Ben nodded and sat down on the chair of the hall. At this moment, Li Xiangcao returned from the outside, holding two eggs that she just picked up from the chicken coop.

After entering the house, she saw a strange man in the hall. Li Xiangcao panicked, she turned and wanted to leave the house.

Zhang Ben recognized Li Xiangcao, but he did not expect the sweet girl in his memory is here, "Little aunt, is that you?"

Little aunt? Li Xiangcao suddenly turned back, and carefully look at this person. Is he a relatives of the Li family? "You are?"

"I am Zhang..." Before Zhang Ben got up and introduce himself, Li Man and Li Hua came to the hall, "Let me have a look."

Li Xiangcao stood at the door and saw that they are going to discuss something, so she subconsciously leaving the room, but Zhang Ben said. "Little aunt, I am Zhang Ben, you don't remember?"

Zhang Ben did not seemed to be disappointed that Li Xiangcao didn't remember him, but his eyes are full of smiles and expectations. 

Li Man suspiciously looked at Li Xiangcao and Zhang Ben. Did they have a relationship before?

However, unfortunately, Li Xiangcao does not seem to remember this person. "You are...?" After she thinks about it, Li family does not have any relatives.

"Oh, you don't remember? I used to play with Li Yan and Li Shu when I was a child." Zhang Ben introduced himself. At that time, they were still small. His parents died young, and he lived with his grandfather, so he was very lonely and not often talk to people. Because of a small matter later, he played with Li Yan and Li Shu.

And he remembers Li Xiangcao, everytime they went out to play, the little girl will come out and call the brothers to go home and eat, and he remembers coming to eat as well.

"Oh." It turned out to be a playmate of Li Yan and Li Shu when they were young. No wonder he also called her little aunt, just like Li Yan and Li Shu. Li Xiangcao smiled at him politely, but she still couldn't remember him.

Zhang Ben didn't take it to the heart. "Is Little Aunt coming back for the new year? Alone?" He remembered that she seems to have been married for many years? 

Li Xiangcao glanced Li Man and Li Hua who is pretending to be busy looking at the sewing machine. "Yeah, I'm living here for a while. I'll go to the kitchen first."

"Oh, alright." Zhang Ben realized that there might be something wrong, but he didn't continue to push her. 

At the end, after Li Man discussed some things with Zhang Ben to improve the machine, he said with emotion and admiration, "Dear sister, you are a strange person. Before, I thought that Li Yan was a very intelligent person. In his hands, if he has seen it once, he can make it. Oh, my craft is completely learned from him. But today, I am surprised, you are much smarter than him."