Chapter Four

Mesaal's POV

'Kid wake up! I already told you I didn't want to be an alarm clock and yet here I am, being an alarm clock. That's not my purpose! Now wake up! Or do you want to skip breakfast like you skipped dinner last night?' Minoru lectured me.

'Minoru, it's too early in the morning for a lecture.' I complain as I outwardly groan and stretch. 'I want to go back to sleep.'

'Too bad. Today of all days, too. You want to know what team your going to be on don't you? If you do you better wake up and get ready.' Minoru commands.

'Damn ten tailed beast.' I curse.

'So you figured it out?'

'It wasn't that hard. The ten tails attacked the night I was born and my clan was massacred. If I'm correct, my mother used to be the ten tail holder.' I say to her as I walk to the bathroom and strip, getting ready for a shower. After I shower, I head to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

'What are you making today?' Minoru asks.

'I'm going to be making a traditional Japanese breakfast. Meaning steamed rice, grilled fish, miso soup and perhaps a fried egg.' I inform her.

'Sounds good. What's the occasion? Will you have enough time before you go to the academy?' Minoru worries.

'It will be really quick.' I tell her as I get to work. In twenty minutes, I'm mainly done. 'I'm so glad I have amazing cooking skills.' I breath a sigh of relief.

'I have no idea how you can make all that so quickly. You have to let it cook for a certain amount of time and prepare it. You took the time it takes to cook it, to finish it.'

'I know, I'm amazing.' I brag. Minoru rolls her eyes.

'Sure.' She teases sarcastically. From then on, I ignored her and took one serving down to Naru's door. Inside, there was a lot of commotion and noise. I winced slightly from the noise.

"Naru! Breakfast! Stop making so much noise, you're going to wake up all the neighbours!" I call out to him through the door.

"Sorry, Mesaal-chan! I'm just in a rush- that breakfast looks great!" Naru cuts himself off when he sees the breakfast.

"You should hurry and eat it. If not, then you're going to be late for the graduation ceremony. Wait." He looks at me confused.

"What?"

"You didn't have the hitai-ate yesterday. So how did you get that one?" I point and ask even though I know the reason.

"It's a long story and we don't have much time. I'll tell you later." He waves and shuts the door in my face, not before taking the plate out of my hands.

"Whatever." I sulk. I walk back to my apartment and jump over to the ANBU cop with his food. "I would normally invite you in to eat, but seeing as you have a mask on, I'm guessing you don't want anyone to see your face, right?" He slowly nods. "Then have a nice time eating up here." I wave before jumping through the open window of my kitchen. I began to eat my own food. Braiding my hair and attaching my katana to my back, I walk out of my apartment and lock the door.

'I should go to the woods and test out my kekkai genkai seeing as it's still early.' I state. Walking in the direction of the woods outside the borders of Konoha. 'How much time till I have to be at the academy?'

'About forty five minutes.' Minoru confirms.

'M'kay!'

"Oi! Wake up!" I shout in the ears of the sleeping Izumo and Kotetsu. They jolt awake.