Chapter Twenty

Mesaal's POV

I've been reading for about an hour and a half when Tachi starts waking up. "Oh, you're awake?"

"Mesaal?" He says in a slightly husky tone from just waking up.

"Well, yes. Who else would it be?"

"I don't know, Kisame?" Tachi shrugs as he gets up.

"Well, you better get ready for training, it's going to start in about half an hour." I inform him before standing up and heading to the kitchen, grabbing an apple for me to eat and going to the training arena. When I get there, I see Pain and Konan already there.

"We expected you to come a bit earlier Mesaal." Konan admits as I walk over.

"I know. That's the reason why I didn't come out until now." I nod and my apple is suddenly finished.

"That's not really appropriate." Pain emotionlessly states.

"I know, but does it look like I care?" I say and start stretching. "I'm going to start warming up." I say and starts running around at a slow pace, speeding up little by little, but making sure not to go faster than an average human.

'Running slowly is a real pain in the ass. But I guess that's why it's part of my training regimen.'

'What do you mean?'

'It means she needs to learn how to hold back. One time, when she was helping her teammate out of a head hunter jutsu, she cracked the ground nearly too much and he could've been completely obliterated.'

'Min's right. I need to learn not to waste my strength and use too much power.' We continue this conversation until I start to do push-ups ten minutes later. This goes on until Kisame and Tachi both come out, around twenty minutes later.

"Mesaal, time to start training." Pain orders and I stand up.

"Alright. What are they teaching me?"

"Itachi will be teaching you about genjutsu, apparently it's your weakest point."

"Indeed."

"And Kisame will be helping you with your kenjutsu."

"I see... I can't use Kira because she'll want his blood too much. I shouldn't use Zaza's blade since that would injure him severely." I continue listing off what swords I can't use for a few minutes when I come to the conclusion that I don't really have any non-deadly weapons, so my katana is the best bet of me not hurting him too much. I removed it from my back and strapped it to my waist.

"What are you doing?" Kisame asks as he sees me tightening it onto my waist.

"I'm putting my katana's scabbard on my waist, as it's easier to use that way." I respond as I finish.

"I see. So, you're not going to use any of your other swords?"

"I could use dual swords, but I don't think you would be able to handle that." I emotionlessly state as we all go onto the field.

"Underestimating your opponent could be your downfall." Kisame angrily states.

"It's not that I doubt you, it's that all the sets of dual swords I have can remove all the chakra from your body and kill you or do something along those lines. But, I'm not going to kill you since you're also an important piece in my game." I sweat drop as I think about all of my dual swords.

"I feel so appreciated." Kisame deadpans.

"You should be." I nod seriously even though I knew he was being sarcastic.