Chapter Nine

Kakashi's POV

I woke up to Mesaal shaking me. I groaned and opened by eyes.

"Finally! You're awake! Everyone is already up. I was nearly tempted to bring a bucket of ice water and pour it on you." Mesaal complained.

"Ok, ok. Jeez. I'm up." I raise my hands in a surrender motion.

"Good. Get dressed, I've already cooked breakfast." She sighs.

"How early did you start?"

"When I felt like it."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"I don't really know. At least it was already sunrise."

"At least?"

"Stop asking questions! Stupid copy cat ninja! Just get dressed you dumb ninja." She curses me.

"Alright! I'll get dressed!"

"Good." She walks out.

I put on my normal clothes and pack my bag.

'I have a feeling we're going to be needing some energy today.' I think as I walk down the stairs. The dining table is already partially set and everyone is waiting.

"Kakashi-sensei! You took forever! We had to wait to eat because of you!" Naruto whines.

"Shut up you incompetent ninja!" I hear Mesaal tell Naruto from the kitchen.

"Why are you mad at me?"

"You know why, dobe." Sasuke intervenes.

"What did he do?" I question with a sigh.

"What one sensei? He did multiple things to make her mad." Sakura explains.

"I'm surprised she hasn't killed him yet." Inari comments. I see Ryuu asleep on his neck.

"Seriously, what did he do?"

"Insulted her, her snake, her skills, her intelligence, her past." My eyes grow wide at the last one.

"Why did you insult her past?"

"It wasn't my fault!" Naruto protested.

"Maybe you should learn how to keep your mouth shut, dobe. She looked like she was going to kill you when you insulted her past." Sasuke shakes his head at Naruto.

"Naruto, you should know better than to do that." I scold.

"I was just trying to find out more!" He defends himself again.

"You could tell how angry she was when you said those terrible things." Tsunami presses.

"She looked pretty shaken up. I'm honestly surprised her yelling didn't wake you up." Tazuna adds.

"Shut up you lot." Mesaal walks in with two trays like usual. She sets down the plates, bowls etc and took the trays back to the kitchen. She sits on the floor after saying her prayers. "Ina-kun?"

"Yeah!" He cheered before jumping down from the table - bringing his food with him - and gets ready to be fed. Mesaal walks him through how not to choke before feeding him slowly. Once Inari was done, it was Sasuke's turn.

"Suke."

"No."

"We already talked about this."

"Fine." He sits on the floor and is pulled onto Mesaal's lap. Mesaal doesn't bother to tell him how to not choke and just feeds him.