Chapter Seventeen

Mesaal's POV

I started the day just as the sun rose. I bathed in the river I found yesterday and then packed up the scrolls before going back into the basement of the main hall.

'Why does this place have to have so many traps?' Min complains as I dodged yet another trap.

'To protect the treasures stored here, idiot.'

'Stop fighting you two. Min, how long until I get the reply from Obi?'

'Judging by his schedule, you should get it tonight. Without a doubt, he'll come to you himself though.'

'That's true. Ace, do you know what time I should be at the Village Hidden in the Stars?'

'Any time will do Mesaal-sama. The festival of the stars is today.'

'I remember that festival.'

'It was fun.'

'Your right Min.'

'Hey wait a minute! Kid, I only just realised, but how come Ace doesn't have a nickname and I do?!'

'Because you can't really shorten 'Ace' the only thing I could really shorten it to would be 'A' and no way am I doing that. Besides, one of my summons is called Ace.'

'That's right. You don't have nicknames for your summons, do you?'

'Nope!' I dodge another trap and walk into the treasure room.

'Why didn't you retrieve this last time?!'

'Because I came for one thing and one thing only. This time, I am coming for the treasure.' I say as I look at it. A chest that seems to have a special lock on caught my attention.

'Sparkly!' I sweat dropped.

'So, you're obsessed with sparkly things?'

'N-No! I just like them!'

'It sounds like more than just that to me.'

'I have to agree.' I say as I make my way to the chest.

'What's that?'

'I don't know. It seems like you have to go through a special procedure to open it though.' I examine the chest. 'There are lots of possible ways it could be opened. The most likely one is probably a special type of chakra.'

'Why do you think that?'

'Because the Yukinii were a very strong clan of ninjas. They have a completely different chakra to a normal ninja. But, that's only if they go through a ceremony or something.'

'Is this what you learnt while we were asleep?'

'One of the things I learnt. Hey, Min? What colour is your chakra?'

'My chakra will either be black or white. It depends on what your using it for. Why?'

'I have a hunch...'

'And what would that be?'

'Nothing to worry about for now. Let's just move all this to the main area of the main hall so I can see what it all is.' I think as I teleport all the treasure and myself to the middle of the main hall.

All the valuables were old and sacred by the looks of them. One necklace had ancient writing on. Another bracelet had a really big jewel on and so on. The only thing I hadn't looked at was the chest.

'Min, channel some of you chakra into my hands.' I order as I hover my hands above the chest. Min does as I ask and I also add some of my own. It makes a very deep grey because it was her white chakra.