Chapter Fifteen

Mesaal's POV

The third test of the Chunin exams are going to be held today. At around noon we will be taken to an arena.

"Gaa-kun. Come on." I wake up the sleeping boy.

"Mesaal? What time is it?"

"I don't know what the time is, but I do know that it's morning." He reaches for his gourd I placed on the ground by the bed and reattached it to his back.

"What are you making for breakfast?"

"I'm making an English breakfast today."

"English....? Breakfast?"

"I forgot you don't know about the other countries. Oh well."

"What are these 'other countries' you speak of?" He asks me as we walk into the kitchen.

"Places far away from this land. Across the sea and into the horizon."

'Very poetic of you.' Minoru snickered.

'Thank you, I thought so too.' I retorted.

"I see... Have you ever visited any of these countries?"

"I have been to some of them." I tell him as I get everything ready. In my English breakfast is: sausage, beans, black pudding, bacon, fried eggs, toast, fried tomatoes and fried mushrooms. People start walking to the kitchen as they smell the delicious food being cooked.

"That smells lovely." Mi smiles as she sniffs the air.

"It looks even better." Mari comments as she sees multiple plates set out for people.

"Take your pick." I encourage as I continue cooking.

"Thanks!" Mari exclaims as she picks up a plate and walks to another room.

"You too, Gaa-kun." I tell him.

"Ok." He picks up a plate and follows Mari. Everyone else soon wakes up and grabs a plate.

"You shouldn't leave yourself for last." Fumi tells me as he puts his plate in the sink.

"You expect me to eat while cooking? Not even I'm that good."

"No. You shouldn't cook for everyone every day."

"I didn't cook you lunch yesterday."

"You still work too hard." He persists.

"Sure, sure." I roll my eyes while washing the plates up.

"It was nice." Kuro walks in and puts his plate next to the sink.

"Good to hear that." I start washing his plate too.

"What time are we going to be taken to the next stage's arena?" Gaa-kun questions me.

"It should be around noon. If you want lunch today, you're going to have to have it early." I inform them as I finish washing the plates and go onto drying them.

"No need. I have a feeling we don't want to eat before this." Mari cuts in.

"It'll be fine. As long as you don't throw up. All we're doing is fighting in one-on-one battles."

"How do you know?" Shi stares at me.

"Old Man told me about all of the tests." I move on from drying to putting them away.

"Why do you have such a privilege?" Mi looks at me with envy.

"Because I'm far from an ordinary kunoichi." My mood turns serious before reverting back.