Chapter Fourteen

Mesaal's POV

Last night, my clothes were washed and Gaa-kun slept in my room. I set Shukaku asleep for him so he could finally get some rest.

"Gaa-kun. Wake up, breakfast soon." I shake him lightly. He groans lightly before opening his eyes.

"Mesaal, did you get any sleep?"

"No. Don't worry though, I can't, not anymore."

"Insomnia?"

"Yes."

"You should get it sorted."

"It's not that easy. You know that first hand."

"Yeah." Gaa-kun stands up and stretches. "It's been a while since I last went to sleep."

"I know. Sit back on the bed." He complies and I massage his shoulders then back. He groans in ecstasy. "Better?"

"Much. Thanks Mesaal."

"No problem. What should I make for breakfast?"

"Anything."

"I should have known you would say that. I have to feed them something edible." He just shrugs. "How about tempura?"

"Sure. I'll get Temari and Kankuro up."

"Ok. Try not to kill them."

"No promises."

'It's nice when me and Gaa-kun can have a normal conversation like normal people.'

'It's not something you should get used to, he's not always going to be like that.'

'I know. I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.'

'If you say so kid.'

'I do say so.' I reach the kitchen and prepare everything I need for tempura. (A/N I don't know this recipe also in media). When I was done, I realised there was a crowd of participants waiting eagerly for their breakfast. Everyone was drooling at the smell of the freshly fried tempura and other dishes.

"One team come up here." I ordered. Shi, Mi and Fumi stepped up. "Here's your breakfast. Enjoy." I give them a tray for three. "Next." And the procedure kept on going until I had to make a new batch. It started again until everyone was fed.

"You work yourself too hard." Mari shakes her head at me as she helped my dry the dishes.

"As much as I don't want to, I have to agree with her." Mi calls from putting away some cups.

"It's nothing." I wave it off from my position at the sink.

"We could call the senseis in for their opinion." Shi tells me from the door.

"No need for that, right? Nai-sensei lectured me about it yesterday."

"A good thing too." Kuro cuts in. "If she didn't, you would be working all night too." I turned away from him at that. "Wait, what were you doing all last night?"

"Helping Gaa-kun sleep."

"You set Shukaku to sleep?" Mari tilts her head.

"Yeah. Shukaku still falls asleep to a certain lullaby."

"So you got no sleep?" Fumi interrupts.

"Yes. Stop fussing over me. It creeps me out." I shiver remembering last time.

"You still remember that?" Mari looks at me.

"Of course. It was one of the most creepy experiences of my life."