Chapter Five

Mesaal's POV

When I got home last night from our 'team' meeting, I had showered and started cooking dinner. 

'Kid, you've received almost all of the memories and you might start acting a bit different from normal.' Minoru tells me as I make dinner.

'Why?'

'As time goes on, you will start to get more and more comfortable in this world and other things people say and such will also bring memories back. You might start having a problem with nightmares too.' I had started pouting from Minoru's information.

'Oh, isn't that just great.' I whine sarcastically.

'That's enough of the sarcasm, kid. What are you making for dinner?'

'Oh, be quiet! You've heard me use more sarcasm than this! And if you couldn't tell from the ingredients, I'm making sushi.'

I carry on preparing the sushi with tempura and grilled fish.

'That's a lot for one person. Are you giving some to that ANBU cop?'

'No the leftovers are for tomorrow.'

(Time Skip Next Morning)

Minoru was right, nightmares plagued me in my sleep. For the majority of the night, I was reading my books.

'What should I do before I go to the training grounds for the survival thing?' I think to myself. 'Oh, I know! I should go practise with Subete-no-me.' I teleport to the forest after attaching my katana to my back and letting Ryuu wrap himself around my waist after he braids my hair. It was weird, I know. Ryuu actually braided my hair. I appeared in the forest and activated my kekkei genkai. I was starting to learn the basics like how to sense hidden chakra and stuff like that. I also learnt how to paralyze people for an amount of time. It was time to get to the training grounds.

'Kaka-sensei is probably going to turn up soon.' Was my last thought before teleporting, in another swirl of black lilies, to where my teammates were waiting.

"Mesaal-chan! You're late!" Naru complained when I arrived. Kaka-sensei walked over to us then.

"Yo." He waved.

"See, if I was five seconds later, I would have been late." I turn to Naru.

"Sensei! You're late!!!" The pink haired buffoon screamed at Kaka-sensei.

"No, Sakura. He's early." I snapped at her.

"Well... You see.... A black cat crossed my path and I went the wrong way." Kaka-sensei lies.

"Stop lying!!!" Naru and Sakura yells. I yelp and cover my ears.

"Naru! Stop shouting, please! The pink haired buffoon is loud enough as it is. I don't need you yelling in my ear too." I scold him. He sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. Kaka-sensei ignores us and walks over to a tree stump near three posts. He sets a timer down.

"Ok, it's set for 12:00. Today's assignment is to take the bells away from me by noon. Those who can't do it won't get lunch. They'll be tied to that and I'll eat me lunch in front of your very eyes." I cut in.

"No you won't. You don't want us to see your face. You'll make us eat lunch in front of whoever is tied to the stump."

"Quiet."

"But hold on. There are only three bells." Sakura says.

"We're not blind nor dumb moron." I look over at her.

"There are only three which means at least one of you will be tied to the stump. That person will be disqualified for failing the mission and will return to the academy. It might be one person at the very least, or it could be all four of you. You can use your shuriken. You won't be able to take the bells if you don't come at me with the intent to kill." Kaka-sensei explains. Their faces grow worried and anxious. My face was the only indifferent one.