Visit

Finally after almost an hour of walking through a small patch of a woodland trail, I came to an opening where a small little bakery was hidden surrounded by nature. The puffs of grey smoke fluttering up towards the light sky, accompanied with the pleasant trace of melted sugar and pastry; wafted its way around me.

I smiled as I made my way down the path and to the small white gate that met my waist. It was quite an enchanting gateway, with a few vines with open rose buds wrapped firmly around it. I always loved coming here even though I haven't been in quite awhile, I missed it.

I knocked on the slightly jarred door and waited for someone to open. I waited for about 3 minutes but still nobody opened so I knocked even louder while shouting, "Hello"? I was about to shout again when someone stopped me.

"I heard the first time, the door is open. come in." I recognised that voice, how I missed that one small croaky voice. I slightly pushed the door open and made my way inside. Inside was of a simple design but very homely, there was a small oak counter with a small bell next to the cashier. Behind was filled with all kinds of delicious pastry, cakes, biscuits and bread on display. There was a open door leading to the kitchen.

I was about to lift the side of the counter to enter the kitchen when a middle aged lady walked out with a tray of fresh baked eclairs, the heavenly aroma made my stomach ache but I had to keep it together; I'm not here to eat just to delver this and go back home.

"Morning Mrs Yoon, I have a delivery for you" I voiced out to her, she looked my way and as soon as she recognised me she quickly opened the counter and bought me in a tight embrace. Although she had flour and bits of cake mix on her apron, I didn't care. I gladly returned the hug.

" Oh my! you just seem to keep getting more handsome and manly each time you visit, Jimin. Let me have a good look at you" I tried not to blush from her compliments but I couldn't help the massive smile that spread across my face. She looked me up and down, something she always declares when I visit. She's such a sweet and kind hearted soul even though her husband passed away 10 years ago, she still manages to take care of her only daughter by her small business of cakes.

"Come on Mrs Yoon I'm not that good looking anyway I've got you a delivery. How's business been lately?" Her bakery may be small but she does get a fair amount of customers who order and she has her daughter deliver, I cant help but sympathise with her I think she is only two years younger than me. I know I never met my own parents but she had a loving mother but she was quite close to her father before he passed and now she refused to find work in anything other than her family business.

" Oh come on you know that isn't true. well it has been fairly quiet recently, not many people have wanted any delivery or wondered in but what can you do. You have your good days and you have your bad". I smiled and nodded at her trying to comfort her while passing her the box.

She taken the box and put it through the kitchen, beckoning me to follow. As I entered my whole senses was taken over by the gorgeous scent of freshly baked goods; my mouth immedatly watered and my stomach grumbled so freaking loud. Mrs Yoon snapped her head in my direction with one of her knowing smiles.

She lead me over to a kitchen counter which was covered in plain white flour scattered across the surface. Behind was a furnace with the small overall shaped door tightly closed. Mrs Yoon began placing the blueberry cookies on a silver tray ready to be put on display.

"Here take one, they look absolutely wonderful, please let Jessi know that I apricate her help." She offered me a cookie; I really wanted to decline but my appetite got the better of me and I couldn't refuse so I delicately accepted the biscuit with a small bow in thanks.