Stranger in the shadows

I've never woken up as early as I have this morning. I was up, showered, dressed and left my room all before the sun was up. I entered the kitchen, there wasn't a lot of people in there as it was way too early for any of the Royals to be up and wanting breakfast. However there was one person who was there.

It was Jessi. She is always up before anyone else. She likes to get every single ingredients ready all laid out for the other chefs and most of the time she gets right to baking all ready for me to deliver it. I sat down on my usual stool ; just watching her as she begins writing on a piece of paper.

She looks really tired, her once youthful skin now becoming dry due to lack of sleep. Her long black hair pulled up in a high bun. She brings the pencil to her lips as she looks deep in thought.

"Your up early. How come you finally decided to get your lazy ass up on time" She remarks not even looking at me. Geez she has senses like a freaking bat. Here I thought I was pretty quiet.

"I just slept a bit better and earlier than usual so I got up on time--" I lied while laying my arms in front of me while I stretched. "-- Your the one who looks like they need more rest, are you okay?" She finally met my gaze as she answered.

"I'm fine. well ill get to making your breakfast and I need you to go to the Royal Library." She began putting a frying pan on the stove and cracking an egg into it, the sound of it sizzling with the little amount of oil in the pan with it.

"Thanks. How come you need me to go to the Library?" I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Jessi isn't the type to sit down and get lost in a world of fiction in a book.

"To get some books you idiot, why else would I tell you to go?" Wow, yep I feel the motherly love radiating off her. She placed a wooden bowl in front of me with left over rice from the previous morning and with a egg placed on top.

"Here--" She passed me a small piece of paper with some random things written on it. "-- I need you to grab two recipe books that uses these and make sure they do not just some random old books." She spun back around to the pan and cracked another egg.

" I know what I'm doing and I wouldn't do that. I'm not stupid" I scoffed and began eating the food in front of but all I got was an "Hmm" From the brutal female in front of me.

~~Time skip in the Library~~

I opened the grand creaky door and slid myself inside. It was a vast room; with massive shelves stocked with all kinds of dusty old books closely packed together. There were small table and chairs on the side of the room out of the way of the shelves.

I noticed that there was none else in here just me, the librarian and books. It was pretty scary at how quiet it was. Almost like it was too quiet for a simple Library. I walked over to one of the shelves looking at the spine of the book, reading each, trying to find something to do with what I'm looking for.

After 20 minutes that felt like an eternity of looking, I still couldn't anything close to what I was suppose to find. So I slowly approached the only Librarian in the castle . He was surprisingly young looking with brown short styled hair and bright pink plump lips, almost as plump as mine! He wore a pair of round glasses that was perched on his slender nose.

He wore a formal attire that consisting of a red dress shirt with a black suit jacket. I couldn't see what his bottoms were like due to him sitting down at his desk at the far end of the room but that's not important. His desk was covered in closed books, some were left open, some pieces of paper here and there. Down beside the desk were stacks of books varying in sizes.

I edged closer and eventually stopped right in front of his desk. I would mutter his name to get his attention but I don't actually know his name. I don't come here often, in fact its pretty rare for me to come here so I wouldn't know him let alone know his name.