Chapter 3

"How was school!?" Esme called the moment the front door closed.

Instantly, the Cullen kids hung up their coats and bags but instead of taking off vampire speed, they walked calmly to the living room where Esme was. Carlisle was still at work and Esme was sitting on the sofa, a laptop in her lap an headphones in.

Alice sped over to look at what Esme was watching. She let out a girlish squeal and plopped down next to Esme, "Isnt that Mashiroiro Symphony? It's my favorite!!!"

Rosalie groaned as she headed upstairs to change, Emmett close behind. Jasper went off to change into hunting attire, leaving Edward alone in the living room with Esme and Alice.

Edward sped upstairs, changed into normal clothes as fast as possible which was incredibly fast for a vampire. He sped back downstairs, carrying his laptop and plopped down on the chair at the kitchen table. He opened the laptop and clicked onto Google.

Alice and Esme were too wrapped up in their anime film to notice as Edward hastily typed in: Vicasi.

Much to Edward's shock, he at once got several sites. None of them looked too helpful for they were almost all about hunting and hunting reserves. However, a name popped up which immediatly caught Edward's attention.

He clicked on the site and he felt his heart stop. At the top of the page was a headline from a newspaper: Top Skilled Mountain Hunter Isaac Vicasi Awarded for Saving Comrade from Giant Wolf.

Edward lowered his eyebrows at the last two words: Giant wolf... werewolf maybe?

He scrolled down and he almost choked on his own saliva when he saw a painting that was posted of Isaac Vicasi. it was an old painting.... looking at least several decades old. it was black and white but there was no denying the resemblance.... it was shocking! The jet black hair, piercing eyes, stern brown, thin lips, pale skin and high cheekbones... he looked just like Mr. VIcasi! They must be related!

He skipped over the article about the wolf attack until his eyes fell on a name: David Vicasi.

Edward paused and read the last paragraph:

Isaac Vicasi was out in the woods with three other hunters and his ten year old son: David Vicasi. They were out hunting the migrating deer when they got separated by a pack of giant wolves. Isaac had his son scale a tree to steer clear of the wolves while Isaac went in search of their comrades. Isaac found them cornered by the lead wolf. He managed to kill the wolf using five bullets, all to the heart before the wolf finally fell.

Edward frowned. There was nothing else about David...hm.

He kept scrolling till his eyes fell on another headline and his eyes bulged:

Isaac Vicasi's son: David Alexander Hamilton Vicasi goes missing on his twentieth birthday.

Edward scrolled down a little further till he saw a paragraph of the article where Isaac spoke about his son.

"David was a wonderful child. I never understood him completely but he had his way with people and animals. Everyone loved him. Most children teased him about how he would inherit my stern features and he would eventually scare people off. That was partially true but it never seemed to frighten the animals. When David had been with me in the mountains and I had told him to scale the tree, I came back after finding the others to find that he was no longer at the top of the tree. He was on the lowest branch, about eight feet from the ground, a look of calm wonder on his face. Below him on the ground was another giant wolf! A huge bright red wolf. It looked like a female which explained why she didn't act aggressive towards David. The wolf ran off after we approached but after that I noticed a change in David. He would wander into the woods whenever he could and when I found him, he was alone but he looked like he was windblown. He began to show an interest in the law and refused to go on any hunts with me again, unless I went hunting in the mountains. When he did come, he refused to even hold a gun. This always disappointed me for I had hoped he would show at least a similar love for hunting but as far as I could tell, he hated it with a deep furious passion. David began to change. He became happier even though I rarely saw him. His mother's death had weighed on him heavily since she died when he was five but he had seemed to recover nearing the end of his high school days. he expressed an interest in enrolling in the law school in New York. however, he never even applied to the school before he completely up and went missing. I contacted the school but they said that no one by the name of David Vicasi or with his traits had attended the school."