Chapter 20

Edward wound his fingers through Kamber's, finding her fingers vastly intriguing as the two lay in bed. Edward looked over at Kamber who looked on the verge of falling back asleep, her blue eyes half lidded and her red hair billowing around her on the pillow. The sheets just covered her stark-naked body and her face was still flushed from what they had done that night.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, bringing her hand to his mouth and kissing each of her fingers and then her palm.

Kamber smiled at him and waited till he kissed her palm before she touched his cheek with her fingers. His face was smooth and soft to the touch, but she could still feel the muscle when he smiled or clenched his jaw.

"Do you ever worry?" Edward asked, giving her a quizzical look. "Ever worry that you'll lose someone."
"Always," Kamber replied. "Because I know death is inevitable whether it is tomorrow or next year or another fifty years, we will all die eventually, and it does worry me sometimes, but I have grown to accept it."
"Why?" Edward asked, propping himself on his elbow.

The girl smiled and ran her fingers up and down his bare chest, "Because even if I do lose people physically, they will still be with me in my heart."
Edward's blue eyes flickered with pure adoration and love for the woman beside him. How had he gotten so lucky to have Kamber as his wife?

Edward wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her over till she was laying on top of him, "There is one thing you do not have to worry about ever."
"And what is that?" Kamber asked, pushing her hair out of her face.

Edward smiled and reaching up, helped her remove the long black tresses from her hair before stroking her cheeks, "You'll never lose me. Ever."
A huge smile appeared on the girl's face and Edward found himself grinning back before lifting his head to plant a strong kiss on her lips.

"I love you Edward," Kamber whispered. "I always will...."

She was just about to continue when the look on her face changed from peaceful and happy to suddenly disturbed and somewhat sick.

"Kamber?" Edward asked.

Kamber held up a finger to tell him to wait a minute while she jumped from the bed and rounding it, ran to the bathroom. Edward was up in an instant and found the girl bending over the sink, emptying her stomach.

"Ugh," the girl groaned into the sink, running the water to rinse out the smell.

"You okay?" Edward asked, wrapping his hand around her waist from behind. "I was too rough the other night wasn't I?"

Kamber shook her head, "No it was great... I just feel funny."

Edward frowned. It had been almost a week since they had arrived on the island and since Edward got over his beast state. Since then the love that the two shared at night was gentle and never too much for Kamber to handle. Edward felt that something was off.

The girl sighed before filling her mouth with water from the sink and rinsing her mouth out. She stood up before turning to face Edward. She froze when she saw that his face had changed to one of deep thought and sudden realization.

"Edward? What's wrong?" she asked, coming to take his hand.

"Kamber," Edward breathed, his voice coming out hoarse. "Your parents were able to have you and your siblings because your mother was a werewolf, right?"

Kamber nodded, not sure where this was going.

"So...." Edward whispered hoarsely, "Does that mean you could get pregnant too?"
Kamber snapped back, not expecting that at all but realizing that it could be possible. Her hands shot down to her stomach and felt it gently. It truly felt different... like she had added a little weight. Looking back at Edward, Kamber raced past him into the bedroom and grabbed up her phone. She was just about to dial when it began to ring.