Chapter 6

As the Cullen's kids walked to school, they could all sense that Edward was in another world. He had his head slightly down, eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed together in thought. They could only imagine what he was thinking of. He hadn't told them about his discoveries and was planning on telling them at lunch. He wasn't sure if Esme and Carlisle knew but he wanted to just share it with his siblings for the moment.

Edward was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Rose's erupt with shouts of joy and wonder. Looking up, he realized that the cause for this was the arrival of the Vicasi family. This time, he noticed that the person driving the van wasn't Mr. Vicasi.... But a woman. She was a beautiful woman with pale red hair in perfect ringlets that fell about her shoulders, finely shaped features, full lips and a beautiful smile. Her eyes were a bright green color. She wasn't pale like her husband, nor dark skinned but just fair.

The side door of the van opened and out tumbled the Vicasi kids. The last to jump out was Kamber who turned to close the van door. Just when she was about to, she waved at the little kids in the back and called out a farewell to her mother.

Kamber closed the car door and rushed off after her siblings. Edward turned his sights onto Mrs. Vicasi and concentrated on her mind. He wasn't surprised when he was able to read her thoughts.

They're growing up so fast. It's hard to keep up with them. Now what do I have left to do? Stop at the store... pick up Dale and Kenelm from their sleepover and drop them off at school.... Yeah, I think that's it.

Edward smiled as he blocked out her thoughts. She reminded him of Esme, caring, a loving and thoughtful mother.

"Edward," Alice hissed, "Head's up."

Edward turned to look at her, only to find out that she was trying to get his attention because at that moment, Kamber Vicasi skipped past them up the stairs the class. Edward didn't know why but it felt like he was frozen to the spot, watching her run past. Her bright red hair bellowed behind her in the long ponytail. She was wearing a baseball cap that morning, feathering red bangs framing her face and falling slightly over her lashes. Those weren't there the day before. She must have gotten them cut.

"Yo! Jasper!" a voice called.

Edward was shocked. No one ever called their names at school, let alone Jasper who was always like a stone at school. All eyes turned only to find themselves looking into the bright blue eyes of Vince Vicasi. The eldest of the Vicasi kids and probably the most good looking of the boys (at least out of the ones they had seen). His jet-black hair was brushed up and out of his eyes, not slicked or flattened down but sort of spiked up kind of like Edward's. His jet-black eyebrows were arched and brought great expression. His firm lips were perfectly shaped and masculine, and his jaw was so finely etched and sharp that it looked sharp enough to cut metal.

By reading the minds of all the girls nearby, Edward knew that the boy already had a fan group. He was incredibly handsome and held the same otherworldly perfection as his father and like all his siblings. Edward tried to read his mind but was only met with the sound of nature.

"Hey Vince," Jasper greeted, smiling.

That was a new one. None of the Cullens had ever seen Jasper smile at anyone outside of their family or other vampires and he didn't even seem tense when Vince approached. Of course, only Edward knew why that was because Vince was part vampire which explained why none of the Vicasi's blood was sickening.

"Hey," Vince greeted the other Cullens, smiling and flashing a perfect smile that made all the girls around them basically faint in their heads, "You must be the rest of the Cullens. Jasper told me about you."
"Yeah," Jasper confirmed, "This is Emmett, Rose, Alice and Edward. Guys, this is my new friend, Vince."
Vince waved, and the others returned it. Edward found himself smiling at the same time. He liked this guy, even if he was part wolf. What surprised Edward even more was that knowing that they were part wolf, he was shocked that none of them carried a stench. In fact, they all smelt really good. They must have inherited the vampire smell rather than the wolf smell.

"VINCE!" another male voice called. "Where did you go? You said you were right behind us!"

The Cullens turned and stared in wonder as Kamber and another Vicasi boy came trotting over. The boy looked to be about fifteen or possibly sixteen. His features were just as perfect as everyone else's, but his hair was more of a rich brown than a black. It was in the same style as Vince's and his features were just as sharp as his big brother's.

"That was a figure of speech Zayne," Vince pointed out.

Vince wrapped an arm around his brother's shoulders as well as Kamber's and dragged the two over to the Cullens. "These are my crazy siblings, Zayne and Kamber."

Jasper and Emmett grinned and shook Zayne's hand, but it proved difficult since Vince had the two kids in a headlock.

"Hey bro, can't breathe," Zayne faked choking, "Please... loosen up on the death grip!"

Vince chuckled and released his siblings. Kamber resituated the cap on her head and smiled at Rose and Alice.

"I'm Kamber," she said, holding out her hand.

Rose and Alice both shook her hand, smiling as they introduced themselves.

"We just call her Bambi for short," Vince remarked.

Kamber rolled her eyes playfully, "Which isn't really short and doesn't make any sense whatsoever!"
"Whatever you say Thumper!" Vince remarked, smirking at his sister.

Kamber put on a fake face of horror, "On second thoughts, I prefer Bambi."

The two Vicasi boys laughed before Kamber smiled and turned to greet the three Cullen boys. When she went to shake Edward's hand, she looked up at him and smiled, having not noticed that he was frozen to the spot.

"I recognize you. You're Edward, right? You were the one who stopped my fall yesterday."
Edward slowly nodded, still unable to move or barely breathe. She was so close... and smiling at him. He could smell her all the way from there... and it was an amazing smell. Lavender and roses... but what was even more strange was that it wasn't an intoxicating smell like Bella's that made Edward want to drink blood.... It....it made him feel light... relaxed... safe...at peace. It made him smile.

"Well we should probably go," Kamber remarked, looping her arms through her brothers', "Before we get in trouble from Glynn. He can't stand being left alone with the others. Says it's too much responsibility. See ya!"

With that, the girl dragged off her two brothers with surprising ease considering how they both towered over her. The two boys waved at the Cullens as they disappeared into the building.

"Okay," Rose started. "Quick question. How come they smell so good... but not intoxicating and how can Jasper talk to them without wanting to eat them alive?"

Edward sighed and all eyes turned to him.

"I think it's time I told you guys everything."