Chapter 24: Epilogue

Epilogue: 15 years later

Kamber stretched as she stepped out of the car. Edward ran around the front of the car but saw that she had already got out and put on a pouting face. Kamber chuckled and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"You don't have to be a gentleman all the time."
Edward raised his eyebrows in amusement, "It is our anniversary so yeah I do."
Kamber shook her head and wrapped her arm around his abdomen, "I love you just the way you are and you don't have to make our anniversary special by acting gentlemanly. The nicest thing you can do is just be you."
"Okay love," Edward whispered, bending down to kiss her thoroughly. When they got inside, they wouldn't have time to be lovey dovey so might as well do it now.

Kamber had to wrap her arms around Edward's neck when he bent her backwards slightly to deepen the kiss. Finally, he pulled away and Kamber's face was flushed, "Easy big guy," she teased. "It's only nine pm."
Edward rolled his eyes, "Yeah and should be the kids' bedtime. I don't know what possessed us to allow them to stay up till we got home."
"It's the weekend honey," Kamber pointed out. "And the twins.... Let's just say the last time we went out they forgot to brush the kids' teeth before putting them to bed so their breath smelt like dried blood the next morning."
Edward shrugged, "I don't know about you but I kinda like that smell."
Kamber socked him in the shoulder as they climbed the steps to the front door of their house. "Well I don't when I have to brush it in the morning before they go to school! Even with that overly strong-smelling toothpaste that Glynn invented still doesn't take all the smell away. The kids at school wonder why our kids' breath smells like fresh blood!"
Edward chuckled, kissing her forehead, "You're right. And we don't go on dates every day, so it won't hurt.... Right?"

Kamber smiled as she reached underneath the pot on the porch for the key. For their second anniversary, Kamber and Edward had been gifted their own house about a mile from the Cullens and Vicasi's, so they were close to both their families but also had some privacy. Since then, Alice and Jasper had moved to a cute little log cabin in the woods on the ridge by the Cullen's where Alice worked as a fashion and hair designer while Jasper wrote detective and spy novels and was well known as an anonymous celebrity. Rosalie and Emmett had bought an apartment in town and Emmett worked as a car dealer and had his own shop: Cullen Dealers. Rosalie oftentimes spent most of her day with Alice, helping design outfits and hair.

Antigone had happily married Jacob Black and the two now lived with the Blacks and had two kids: a boy and a girl.... Luke and Stephany.

Kenelm, Neveah, Eustace, Hermione, Dashiell, Vanessa and Holden still lived with Kamber's parents since they were still 'little'. Dale and Imogen were living with Rosalie and Emmett since they were closer to the school and the two had become involved with sports.

Calliope and Zayne were living in a house with Vince and Glynn a few miles from their parents where Calliope and Zayne were taking law through online classes and from their father. Glynn and Vince had created a site and had invented all kinds of things, including a toothpaste especially for vampires and werewolves that had a stronger smell so as to erase the stench of blood.

When people started to whisper about the Vicasi and Cullen families' strange lack of aging, the Vicasi's decided on a plan. Eustace had been gifted the power of hypnosis, the ability to control people's minds. So, once every few years when people began to get suspicious of their behavior, he would erase everyone's memories of the Vicasi or Cullens, that way they would never have to move, and no one would remember the Vicasi or Cullens.

After Kamber and Edward had returned home with the twins 15 years ago, Eustace had announced that he had erased Bella's memories of Edward so that she no longer even knew who he was and life went on.