Chapter 17

"Do you need anything else?" Alice asked.

Kamber stared at the pixie girl in disbelief, "Alice, we're going to be lying on the floor, shoulder to shoulder (cuz there's so many of us) and practically in a coma. No, I don't need a toothbrush, paste, hairbrush, makeup and a clean outfit!"
"But what about when you wake up!?" Alice whined, "It's almost like when you wake up from your human to vampire transformation!"
"I wouldn't know because I never had a transformation," Kamber replied, "But Glynn requested we all wear these."
Alice considered the outfit Kamber was wearing. She wore jean shorts and a white jersey with the number 3 on the back and the name: Vicasi between her shoulder blades. Each of the Vicasi kids had one, with their number on it.

"Fine but let me see that jersey," Alice said.

"What are you doing?"

"Giving it a makeover."
When Alice stepped back, she had tied the front hem of the long jersey into a knot so that it wasn't so long and it revealed a small sliver of Kamber's stomach, "So you don't overheat!"

Kamber sighed, "Fine. But that's it!"
Alice giggled and clapped her hands, "Great. Now go to Edward's. He wants to give you a personal goodbye before my dad puts you all to sleep."

"Don't say it like that," Kamber groaned, "It sounds like he's going to euthanize us!"

Alice chuckled and shooed the girl out of the room. Kamber skipped up the stairs and headed to Edward's room. When she stepped inside, she found Edward standing by his window, hands in his pockets and his back to Kamber.

"Edward? What's wrong?"
"Do you think everything will go according to plan?" he asked.

The girl chuckled and walked into the room, "Nah. There is always something that doesn't go exact but that doesn't mean it will be something bad."
"Are you scared?" he asked next, his back still to her.

Kamber shook her head, "No."
Sighing, Edward turned around and the girl realized that his face was even paler than usual. Was he scared?

"Then I'll try not to be."

Kamber crossed the room in four strides and wrapped her arms around Edward's neck, burrowing her face in his neck. Edward immediately hugged her back, clutching her head to his chest.

"Kam, if you had something to look forward to while you're asleep, do you think it would go better?" he whispered.

Kamber chuckled, "I doubt that I'll even dream while I'm asleep, but I have a feeling it would help. Why?"
"Cuz I was going to give you something to look forward to.... But I'm not sure if you would find it something to look forward to or dread."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great," Kamber said, smiling up at him.

Edward sighed, "Okay then.... I'll just say it...."

He took Kamber's hand into his before dropping something into her palm and then closing her fingers over it. Kamber slowly retracted her hand and opened it to look at what Edward had given her. There, in her palm was a ring!

"Kamber Vicasi," Edward whispered, "Will you marry me?"

______________

Kamber was sure either she died and went to heaven... or she was dreaming. Edward Cullen, the boy she had grown to love, was asking her to marry him!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT!??!?!?!?!

Kamber was snapped out of her words when she felt Edward's hands shift from the back of her neck to her cheeks where his thumbs began to slowly caress her cheeks. The girl's blue eyes flitted up to Edward's golden ones. Geez. She wasn't dreaming!