Chapter 11

Edward glanced over at Alice in puzzlement. 'What do you think is going on?' he heard Alice's thoughts. Edward shrugged and Alice gave him a confused look.

At present, they were standing in the clearing where, not long ago, they had stood with the werewolves, training to protect Bella against the newborns. It seemed so long ago and almost unimportant that that event had taken place.

The Cullen family was standing all together, shoulder to shoulder while Mr. and Mrs. Vicasi stood opposite them on the other side of the clearing. All the Vicasi kids were standing to the Cullen's left and Mr. and Mrs. Vicasi's right. The kids were all huddled together, talking to each other. the three youngest: Holden, Vanessa and Dashiell were seated opposite their siblings, watching with wide and curious eyes.

"Alright, who is first?" Mrs. Vicasi called.

The first ones out were Vince and Antigone. They both stood about ten feet from each other, both with relaxed stances.

"Ready.... Now!" Mr. Vicasi called.

Vince went charging at Antigone who did a clean leap over his head and landed on all fours, a smug look on her face. Vince grinned and ran at her again, this time catching her and pinned her to the ground. The Cullens could tell just from watching that Vince was incredibly strong for Antigone could barely move underneath his grip.

However, a smile appeared on the girl's face and out of nowhere, her leg found his sensitive spot and he went flying off of her, against a nearby tree. He was just about to run at her again when Antigone got on all fours and sprung into the air... transforming right before their eyes. Vince kept running at her and at the same time, they leapt into the air and Vince transformed as well.

Rose had to nudge Emmett for his jaw was hanging so low that it almost hit the ground. Standing before them where Antigone and Vince had been just a second ago stood a huge white bison and an elegant white zebra. The two were about to charge again when there was a loud guttural roar and the two froze. Standing next to Kamber was a huge white lioness. Antigone and Vince at once morphed back into their regular selves and at the same time, so did the lioness who turned out to be Imogen.

"That... was.... Awesome!" Emmett cried, "Can you all do that?"

"This would be a good way to train," Jasper mused aloud.
"Who's up next then!?" Dale inquired, stepping into the middle of the ring. He morphed into a huge white panther and smirked. Everyone gulped and eventually Emmett went in for a brawl.

About twenty minutes later, the Cullens had soon discovered that all the kids could morph, but each kid was different. Calliope was an arctic fox, Kenelm was a white cheetah, Nevaeh was a white wolf, Eustace a white tiger cub, Hermione a white squirrel, Dashiell a baby white racoon, Vanessa a white kitten and Holden a white bunny.

All the Cullens had gotten a chance to have a friendly fight (at least with the older kids) except Edward who had been staring the whole time, staring intensely at Kamber. When would she go up for a brawl? He wanted to know what she could morph into... or if she could.

"Alright!" Mr. Vicasi called, "next!"

Before Edward could move Emmett gave him a rough shove forward and Edward found himself in the middle of the ring. He looked around, not knowing which of the Vicasi kids would step forwards. Just when he was beginning to feel really out of place, Kamber walked forward. Edward felt all the blood (if he had blood in his body!) drain from his face. She looked so calm... confident... and gosh did she look beautiful! Her black jeans hugged her curves perfectly and showed off her long, slender agile legs. She wore a pair of black ankle boots that had a slight heel to them. She wore a short black leather jacket that came down to about her mid abdomen. Underneath she wore a white t-shirt that concealed everything... except a thin strip between the top of her pants and the bottom of her shirt. Her bright red hair was pulled back in a high ponytail and she had a few wisps floating around her face.