Chapter 15

"Here you go," Carlisle said, handing each of the Vicasi kids an Ibuprofen and Tylenol. HE sat down next to Esme across from Mr. and Mrs. Vicasi. Mrs. Vicasi had Vanessa on her lap and Mr. Vicasi had Calliope's sleeping head on his lap and he was stroking her hair.

Edward and Alice were both sitting on either side of Kamber while Emmett and Jasper were helping Vince and Glynn who felt ready to puke at any moment. Rose came down the stairs, having just put Antigone to bed for she had passed out.

"So... what is exactly is the apocalypse?" Edward asked. "That it would cause this kind of pain and reaction? And why didn't it affect us?"
"It is because Mrs. Vicasi and I defied all forms of formality and family tradition. We went against our people's wishes and trusted our hearts. The Volturi were furious when they found out."

"So, the Volturi are behind the Apocalypse?" Alice inquired. "That is why I keep seeing them in the dreams when I look into the kids' futures."
Mr. Vicasi nodded, "They wanted to ensure that our children wouldn't become like the wolves but inherit more from the vampire side. That is the only way they will let us live in peace if we comply with their wishes and allow the apocalypse."
"But what is it exactly?" Esme asked.

Mrs. Vicasi sighed, "It is the day the two of us went full out against our people and fell for our love for each other. The day we were wed. That day, the Volturi will send out a shock to our children which will basically ensure that they will be considered 'more vampire than wolf' by giving them a gift."
"a gift?" Jasper inquired.

"A vampire gift," MR. Vicasi confirmed, "Just as I am a shield and can mess with time, each of the kids will be gifted a specific vampire gift each. We do not know what kind of gifts they will be. All we know is that the pain the kids will experience will be ten times worse then what they encountered tonight. It will be so great that there might be a possibility that it will throw them into a coma... or worse."
"But they were on the verge of passing out!" Rose cried, "How will they handle it!"
"Anesthesia," Carlisle muttered, "We could put them to sleep till the pain is over. That way they don't have to feel anything."
Mr. Vicasi nodded, "That was what I was thinking too. But it would have to be for twelve hours."
"It takes twelve hours?" All the Cullen kids cried.

The two Vicasi parents nodded. Kamber let out a soft whimper and slumped. Edward grabbed her around the shoulders to support her.

"It will be fine," She muttered, her eyes closed.

"I don't know..." Edward muttered.

The girl smiled up at him, "There is no avoiding it, so there is no point on worrying."
"I'm gonna worry anyway!" The boy protested.

"There is one thing," Mr. Vicasi said, interrupting, "It also happens to be the day when the court will be discussing the death of Jason Bounds."
Kamber was sitting up straight in an instant, "Then we should finish our investigation before then right!?"
"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Edward and Alice said in unison, pushing the girl back, "You are not doing anything till after the apocalypse."
Kamber stuck out her lower lip in a pout, "But..."

"Nope!" Alice said firmly, crossing her arms, "Nothing doing sister!"

Kamber turned her gaze to Edward and gave him big blue puppy eyes. Edward bit the inside of his cheek to keep from falling for those eyes and tried to look away.

"I don't...."

"Please?" Kamber asked in a pleading voice, "It's not like I'm doing manual labor! I'll be your guy in the chair."

Edward buried his face in his hands and let out a deep breath. He lifted his eyes to look at everyone to see that they were all waiting patiently for his reply. Sighing he looked over at Kamber who was still waiting and finally he smiled.