Miss Fayette

Faye's POV

Smoothing my pencil skirt, I looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled as I am satisfied with my look.

A white chiffon blouse, paired with a black pencil skirt and a white pointed stilleto. A little cherry lipbalm for my lips and I am ready to go. I do not cake myself with make-up because one, I do not want to look like a clown and two, I do not know how to put make-up on.

I glanced at my watch and its already 7:00 am sharp. I kissed my kitten Faith goodbye as I made sure that everything she needed is in the house. I have to leave my little Faith alone at home as I need to go to work. I don't have anyone to ask to take care of her. I hail a cab and it stopped in front of me.

"Where to, Ma'am?" he asked politely.

"Sunny Child Development Center please." The drive went smooth and I was able to arrive by 7:30. I searched for Mrs. Santillans' Office and I luckily found it. Knocking twice I heard a soft voice

"Come in, The door is open" I took a deep breath and opened the door

"Good Morning Mrs. Santillan, I am Fayette Johnson the one whom you talked to yesterday" I said softly

"Oh good morning child, Have an seat." I mumbled a thank you and took a seat in one of the comfy chairs. I scanned the room and I instantly fell inlove with it. It was painted in soft pink and the color of the chairs and table is beige with stuffed animals around.

"How are you Ms. Johnsons?" She asked

"I am very good Mrs. Santillan. Thank you very much for hiring me. Being a teacher is my dream and I really love kids. I wont let you down for hiring me."

"I know Ms. Johnson. I will be leaving the kids in your care. You see Ms. Johnson, you will be handling the Special Class. The kids there are very well behave and intelligent. Mrs. Locsin used to handle that class but she resigned as she needs to go back to spain to take care of her husband. This is the key to your new office and all the necessary papers and lesson plan are there. Good Luck Ms. Johnson" She said handling me a key.

"Yes Ms. Santillan. Thank you very much. I will be going now." I bid her goodbye and looked for my office. My office is designed the same way as Mrs. Santillans' but a little smaller but god. I love this office. I saw my schedule and It seems like my class will start at 9 am and so I still have time to settle in my office.

I started organizing my office and reviewing the lesson plan. It seems like the kids in Special Class are indeed intelligent as their lessons are advanced than usual. There are 25 students and it they seem like easy to handle.

The bell rang indicating that the classes will soon start. I went to the classroom intended for the Special Class.

As soon as I opened the door I saw the kids in their chairs and are well behaved. I cleared my throat and all their attention was on me. "Good Morning Kids! I am Ms. Fayette but you can Call me Ms. Faye. I am the one who is going to be your teacher because Mrs. Locsin have matters to take care of." I smiled at them and gently made them understand.

"Ms. Faye! Ms. Faye!" A cute bubbly girl called for my attention while raising her hands.

"Yes, hannah dear?" I read her name tag that was littered with flower stickers she blushed a little and asked

"Will you stay with us until graduation and not leave like Mrs. Locsin?" She asked. I was taken aback at the question but still answered.

"Yes, I will be staying with you kids until your graduation." I smiled sweetly. Another kid asked named John

"Ms. Faye! Do you have a mommy? Because Caleb doesn't!" He pointed at a kid with a blank face as he laughed at him.

Other kids along with him laughed too and Caleb glared at all of them. Their laughter died down as he glared at them.

"John, dear. That was not nice. everyone too, please dont laugh and bully Caleb because everyone of us here should be friends okay? Now what do we say to Caleb?" Everyone was silent

"Sorry Caleb" they apologized as they look down. I stole a glance at Caleb and I saw him staring at me and so I smiled at him. I continued my session and everyone was cooperating and participating and my day went smoothly.