The Meeting

Faye's POV

"I think I’m gonna pee in my pants" Eva blurted out’. I looked at her direction with a raised eyebrow

"Evie, what in the world are you talking about?"

"I’m so nervous!! I never had this kind of parent orientation where I’m gonna be reporting something bad!!" She exclaimed. Well, I actually never had done this kind of meeting as well. I can’t help but feel the dread in my stomach.

“Evie, calm down will you? You’re making me nervous too...” I grumbled we stayed there standing for a few minutes after all the parents walked out of the office of Mrs. Santillan

“I think I’m going to faint” Eva said while frantically looking at me. I pat her in the back and gave her a tight lipped smile. 3 of the parents were assigned to Eva while I got two. I then led the two in my office and ushered the fathers to take a seat.

I took a deep breath and softly cleared my throat to get the attention of the two men who looks like they’re about to tear each other to shreds. I know that these two men are rivals in the business world. I did a little research of their identities. Thank you, Google.

This is all because of Eva chewing my ear about how ‘outdated’ I am when it comes to the drop dead gorgeous Adonis of the business world. I was so sure that she was exaggerating but I guess it did make sense after I saw the pictures that the internet provided.

It did not do them justice. They both snapped their eyes at me gaining their attention.

“Mr. Knight and Mr. Collins, Thank you for coming in behalf of your kids Caleb and John.” I thanked them while sitting in the couch in frontof them.

“It is my pleasure to meet you Miss Faye. John told me a lot of things about you.” He said with a sly grin. John talked about me..?

“Uh… I see” I said while shifting in my seat uncomfortably.

“Did you know why you are called for this meeting Mr. Knight? Mr. Collins?” I asked both of them

“We were given brief description about it earlier. I sure did not like how that old hag seems to accuse my son.” Mr. Collins said with a pissed look.

“She speaks the truth Collins. It’s no accusation.” Damon said as if it was the most obvious fact.

Mr. Collins looked at Damon with annoyance in his eyes. “Shut it, Knight.”

I interrupted their talk and blurted out my opinion. “Mr. Knight, Mr. Collins, Just like what I said to your kids, I think both party are at fault. Mr. Collins, John had been bullying Caleb about personal matters yet that child never used physical means. Mr. Knight, Caleb had always been a good child, He is well behaved but he tends or at least in this matter he used physical means to get back to John. I will be honest, both are wrong. We will need to make the kids understand that neither their behavior and methods are right or least should not be used in this institution.” I reasoned out.

Both men looked like they are thinking about what I just said.

“I understand Ms. Faye; I will talk to my child about this.” Mr. Collins assured me.

“I will try my best to talk to my son but I hope you can help me in this Ms. Faye” Damon said and I raised my eyebrows confused

“I mean, you are the teacher of my son, it is also your responsibility to oversee my son Ms. Faye” Damon explained.

“I am very much aware of my responsibility Mr. Knight. Mr. Collins as well, Rest assured that I will do my best to make sure that the kids understand and conduct proper mannerism and ethics.” I said softly, reassuring both the gentlemen.

“Now let’s not be so stiff here, Do you have a boyfriend Ms. Faye?” Mr. Collins asked and I looked at him shocked totally not expecting the question.

“uh.. Why the sudden question Mr. Co-”

“Jason. Call me Jason Miss Faye” He said while emphasizing my name.

“No. No I don’t si- Jason.” I answered giving him an awkward smile.

“Maybe we should hang out a lit-” Jason said with a wide grin until he was interrupted by Damon.

“Don’t start Collins; I’m sure she doesn’t want to play with your games” He said while glaring at Jason.

“Don’t be such an ass Knight. You're making it too obvious that you are a jealous man.” Jason scoffed .

Damon looks like he’s about to snap so I interjected

“Uh... Mr. Collins, Mr. Knight” they both simultaneously answered “Damon” “Jason” They then looked at each other glaring

“Miss Faye, I told you last time to call me Damon right?” Damon asked still looking at Jason

“Uh.. ah.. Yes?” I sputtered remembering our conversation in the phone call.

“Then do so, Ms. Faye” I was about to answer when a knock suddenly had our attention to the door. I walked to the door and opened it.

“Mrs. Santillan, Please come in.” I opened the door wider. “Thank you Miss Faye, Gentlemen?” Asking the attention of the men inside the room

“Please follow me, I'm sure Miss Faye here was able to give you the briefing let’s continue the talk in my office.” They both stand up ready to follow Mrs. Santillan

“I’ll see you soon Ms. Faye” Jason said with a grin while walking out of the office. Damon grunted but gave me a nod

“See you Ms. Faye” I gave them a smile and entered my office. I sighed and hoped that my day will go well.