The Truth

Faye's POV

"I know." I said as I twirl my fork in my pasta. I kept twirling in my pasta until I had the amount that I wanted.

The silence is killing me so I looked up at the three heads that snapped in my direction.

"What? Isn't this supposed to be a dinner? Why won't you eat?" I asked them while pointing them my fork.

My mom gulped down the whole flute of champagne in front of her while my father looked down at his pasta and Damon kept his stare in my face.

"You knew?" He asked slowly.

"That my Father asked Pasha to scare me off but she did more than scaring and almost had me killed? Yes. I know." I stated while looking at my father straight. I can't help but feel betrayed. But I don't blame anybody. I just feel so betrayed. To think that it was my Father...

"How did you know?" Damon asked while giving my father a small glance.
"Pasha had the decency to tell me. She said that, My great father asked her to 'kill' me so that his company wouldn't merge with yours. Which comes to me, Why did you have to ask her to do that when you can just turn down the marriage proposal?" I asked to my father as if it was nothing. I'm sure I'm making him uncomfortable but somehow... this appeases me.

"I-..." He started but no words came out of his mouth.

"It seems like it's hard for you to say. I'm sorry, Father. I shouldn't have asked." I kept my tone cold.

"Don't disrespect me like this Faye." My father grunted.

"Father, do you know what my mother always tell me? Respect is given to those who respect you. I see you have nothing of that towards me. So I don't see any reason to give you any of that as well." I said coldly as I took a sip of the champagne. I won't say that I wasn't upset of what my father did. But for him to demand respect as if he did nothing bad is a big no.

"Matilda! Is this how you teach your daughter?" my father fumed towards my mother.

"Hughes. Is that how a Father should act towards his daughter? Seeing how my daughter is acting I must say. I thought her well." My mother said coldly. Man... she's angry

"So. You asked me here to gang up on me?" My father looked at all of us.

"Look at you Hughes. You can't even apologize. You can't even accept the fact that you made a mistake and just stand down." My mother looked at my father disappointingly.

"Why should I? I did that for you and Faye! I did nothing wrong I am in the right! If only you didn't meet this son of a bitch!" he screamed as he pointed his finger at Damon

"You, piece of shit with no balls. All we needed is a damn apology." My mom gritted towards my Dad.

"Shame on you! To think that I call this damn pussy my husband!!" My mom stood up harshly making her chair flip over.

"Because our daughter can't do it doesn't mean I can't." She said and slapped my father hard across the face.

"Leave them be. Leave us be Hughes. We wanted nothing to do with you." My mom harshly whispered.

"We're done here." She stated as she took her ring off. She slammed the ring on the table.

"Let's go." She said and walked out of the door. Me and Damon followed her and walked out the door with her leaving my Father.

This is one hell of a day. I've always known that my father is proud but I never knew that he's this proud. All we wanted is an apology but he had let us go as far as this.

I shook my head looking back at my father. I hope he knows how to appease my mother. She's a tough boulder to crack.