Shitty Father and Husband

Damon’s POV

I ran furiously towards the door of Hughes office.

Fuck! I clenched the document in my hand feeling rage seeping out of every pore in my body.

“Sir Do you have an ap-” I walked past a woman ignoring her presence and just jump straight towards the door. I kicked the door open and looked around the room.

“Hughes! Get the fuck out and talk to-” I snarled but stopped when I heard a voice.

“Damon. I'm glad that you came.” Matilda said while sitting in the couch.

“Matilda… Where’s Hughes? I need to talk to him.” I walked towards her.

“He’s not here Damon. He’s out because of a business trip.” She sat properly.

“Have a seat Damon. I'm sure you have something to tell me about.” She looked straight at the slightly crumpled document in my hand.

Wait… Does she know?

“Matilda. Do you know?” I slowly asked. She could never hurt her daughter right?

“Yes. Yes I know.” She admitted.

“What?! How dare you!! She- She trusted you!” I screamed.

“And, I also sent that to you.” She pointed on the document. Why would she do that?

“Why?” I asked as I sat on the chair waiting for her answer.

“You may do what you want with it. You can do whatever you want Damon. You may tell Faye about this and let her hate her father, you may Tell Faye about it and press charges or you may not let Faye know about this and just keep this a secret. The choice is yours.”

She sips on her coffee trying to look calm but her slightly shaky hands are not so convincing.

“Are you with him? Did you do this with him?” I asked feeling disappointed.

“No. I didn’t.” she sighed.

“He… He was out of his mind Damon! He said that he only wanted the best for Faye but that doesn’t change the fact that he put my baby’s life on the line!” She tears up and her voice cracked.

She is known as a tough woman but when it comes to Faye, she’s very soft.

“I’m sorry Matilda.” I deeply apologized. If I have it rough then how much her? Her Husband caused her daughter to be lying in a hospital bed.

“No, I'm sorry Damon that I shoved all of my problems in your hands. I know that you love Faye and will do anything for her. I-I just don’t know what to do anymore.” Her tough woman facade shattered as her tears fell freely.

I felt bad for the woman. Hughes is a damn shitty father and husband. Her daughter is in the hospital and her wife is here feeling down because of his doing and his dumb ass is in a business trip. I fuckin wanna neuter his ass.

I looked at the woman and gave her a comforting hug.

“I’ll do my best. Maybe its better if you take a break first and when let everything cool down first. Then let’s see what’s right to do.” I suggested.

“Yes… Maybe I-I’ll go downtown and just clear my head first. She nodded and I gave her a grim smile.

“Ma’am, I'm so sorry to interrupt you but-” A woman barged in the room sweating profusely

“What is it?” Matilda asked.

“Ma’am your daughter is missing. She’s not in the hospital” She said, her face full of worry.

“Oh my god” Matilda looked like she’s going to faint any moment. Fuck it! I ran out of the office sprinting out of the building and driving back to the hospital.

I dialed Daniel’s number. “Goddamn it Daniel!” I cursed out loud when his line is unattended. I dialed it again and this time he answered.

“Damon, There’s no footage nor tracks. I'm afraid finding Faye is doing to take some time” He said assuming that I already know what happened to Faye.

“You know what to do. I don’t care how, Find her this instant!” I barked.  This time, I'm really going to end up killing someone.