Secretary for the Day

Damon’s POV

I sipped on my tea as I review some documents. Remembering last night, I can’t help but let a small smile slip. I’m sure she’s gonna be so edgy today. I saw Little Fae walking down the stairs.

“Good Morning Little Fae” I grinned. She’s used to be call like that by me. She used to get so annoyed when I call her that arguing that her height is average for a lady. She’s barely 5 feet tall. This is only when we are alone though.

“Good Morning” She grunted as she sprawled down the table in front of me. It’s been a month since she’s with us by now she moves and acts other comfort. I appreciate it though. Since I get to know her more.

“How was your sleep Little Fae?” I asked. “Would have been better if a certain someone did not wake me up in an ungodly time of the night.” She snapped. I chuckled she’s definitely not a morning person.

“Little Fae? Do you have work today?” I asked as she rubbed her temples.

“Um… No why?” She looked at me thanking Maria for her coffee.

“Well Daniel is now out for an errand. I wonder if you can be my secretary for the day?” She looked at me and all the documents I have in hand. She nodded as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Yep. I won’t mind. You seem so busy. Are you sure you're taking enough rest?” Worry is evident on her eyes.

“Don’t Worry Little Fae. I'm taking enough rest.” I gave her a little smile. I just lied. I feel extremely tired lately and I'm so stressed. I took a sip of my black tea. It calms my nerves and lessens my stress. I seriously need it because I’m sure as hell that I’m gonna be so stressed today.

“What time are you going to go in the office Damon?” She asked while looking at some of my documents.

“In an hour Little Fae. Do you want to get ready now?” She nodded and set her coffee cup in the table.

“I’ll be back.” I looked at her retreating form and started to fix the documents I have in hand. I started walking back in my room. I took a shower and walked in my walk-in closet. I wore my usual outfit and started fixing the cuff of my suit. I gelled my hair back and mentally reminded myself to not kill someone today.

I sighed and walk out of my room straight out to where George is and the car.

“Is Miss Faye already here George?” I asked

“Yes Sir. She just had to go back again. She said she left a file.” I nodded and waited for her. After a few moments I saw her walk out the front door.

She wore a plain chiffon blouse with no sleeves and a black pencil skirt that reaches her mid thighs along with a black stilettos and a file in her hand. Her hair is in an elegant bun with a little fall outs on the sides she wore no excess makeup other than a pink lip balm not that it was needed after all her skin is flawless.

She looks simple yet gorgeous. “Well, are you ready Secretary Faye?” I asked laughing a little when she looked at me with a playful glare.

“So I guess you’re going to be calling me that for a day?” She asked in mocking tone.

“Why not? You’re my secretary for the day Secretary Faye” Calling her that again just to annoy her.

“Well, Mr. Knight. You’re my boss today.” She chuckled. George opened the car and we climbed in. Settling ourselves George started the car and had a silent drive.

Arriving in the building, George pulled up and opened the doors. I opened the door for Little Fae and she got out mumbling a small ‘Thank you’. Fixing her skirt a little, we walked in the building leading her inside. I saw the curious stares and glares of the people inside the building.

“Oh man… The girls are shooting me daggers” Faye said with humor.

“Why don’t you shoot them bullets?” George said beside us while carrying the files.

“Give me the gun.” Faye looked at George trying to look at him seriously without laughing.

“Got it” George said with a wide grin as Faye had the same dark humor as him. The both laugh and I shook my head. These two are a scary combination.