Engagement Party

Faye's POV

I looked in the mirror one more time wondering about the powers of make-up. Lord, make-up is scary thing.

Remembering how I looked earlier in the morning and how I look now it's a complete 180º transformation. I heard a knock and I can't help but feel nervous.

"You... look extremely ravishing Little Fae" He complimented and I can feel my face heat up.

"You don't look bad yourself either" I lied. The man is panty dropping gorgeous. An Adonis walking in the face of the earth.

"God, I just want to keep you here all night long." His eyes roamed from my head to toe and I felt self-conscious.

"Let's go Damon, They are waiting for us." I gulped and took my purse

"After you, my lady" He stood by the door like a complete gentleman and I chuckled.

"Why, Thank you Kind sir" He closed the door. Our parents apparently is very excited especially the girls. After talking to Damon they planned the engagement party outright.

We walked down the grand stairs with Damon holding my hand leading me down the stairs.

Don't trip, don't trip, and don't trip. I chanted. The last thing that I want is to trip and split my head open from the impact.

"Don't worry, I'll catch you." Damon must have sensed my dilemma but lord I want to wipe that smirk off his face.

"You better!" I playfully glared at him. We reached the bottom and we had people congratulate us and hoping us good future.

"Damon! Son, it's been so long!" A man greeted Damon. Damon gave him a little nod.

"I've been away with my daughter Pasha. Enjoying the world. And when I get back you're already getting engage! Who's the lucky gold digger?" He asked looking straight at me with a cocky smile.

I frowned at the man. But I did not talk back as I don't want to spoil the party.

"Don't talk to my fiancé like that Porter. Don't test my patience" Damon growled lowly.

"Oh come on. Is this girl better than my Pasha? She looks like someone who can do well in bed but not your social status. When have you stooped so low?" He said loud enough.

Before Damon launched himself at the man, my mother's voice boomed making everyone's attention snapping on us.

"When have a peasant had so much courage to insult my daughter right in a party that I host?" The man chuckled

"What is wrong with calling a gold digger, a Gold Digger?!" He retorted as he turn his face to the direction of the voice. The man's face paled as he took in the presence of my mother. He looked like he swallowed his tongue

"M-Mrs. Johnson I didn't k-know that she is you daughter" He stammered.

"So if it isn't my daughter then you'll just go stepping on other people like this?!" My mother snarled

"What's that again? Woman of no status? I guess you left your brain and shame in your world tour." She glared the man down.

"Mrs Johnson its only a-" He stuttered.

"Jenna! Drag this man out! I'll deal with him later" My mother's angry voice reached my ears.

"Yes Maam." Oh boy!