Now or Never

Damon’s POV

I cleared my throat getting the attention of my parents and the parents of Faye. I called them for lunch to discuss something. Something so important.

“Thank you for coming. I actually planned this meeting because there is something that we wanted to talk to you about Mrs. and Mr. Johnson” I started.

“Well Mr. Johnson we have been in business for more than 20 years. We have been together for better and worse. Maybe we should connect our businesses more. With more tightened connection.” My father said looking at Mr. Johnson completely.

“Why don’t we arrange our Damon and your Faye?” He dropped the preposition. Mr. Johnson looked so taken a back while Mrs. Johnson seems so calm about this as if she saw all this coming.

“Why?” Mrs. Johnson asked me while sipping the champagne of her flute.

“Mrs. John-”

“Call me Matilda dear,” She smiled softly.

“I… have talked to you a few days yes? I said that… There is something about Faye that just piques my interest and draw out emotions in me.” I started feeling nervous. God I don’t and never have felt nervous but her gaze just goes so deep inside me.

“I love her.” I blurted out. There you go Damon. You said it. Matilda chuckled.

“Liana, your son is so cute!” I'm definitely not cute.  I chose to bite back what I wanted to say. My mother laughed.

“That, he is.”

“I have talked to your son countless of time and I know that he will never hurt my daughter. I give my blessing in this marriage but if my daughter refuses I can never force her into this.” Matilda said seriously.

“Yes. I don’t intend to force her either.” I nodded my head. All of us looked over to Mr. Johnson and he looked like he’s in deep thought.

“Honey? Dear??” Matilda shook his shoulder a bit and he looked at us startled. He looked up as gave us a small smile.

“I give you my blessing. But just like my wife I will not force my daughter if she refuses.”

Finally!! I grinned widely and shook Matilda and Hughes hands.

“Never fret. I will protect Faye with everything I have.” I swore and they looked at me with a smile.

“Good luck, son.” Matilda said.

“What?!” Faye looked at her parents with wide eyes.

“Yes dear. Damon here asked for your hand and me and your father gave our blessing.

“But… I-” She started. She was about to refuse so I interjected.

“Little Fae? Why don’t we talk outside?” I asked and she nodded feeling overwhelmed with everything that is happening.