Little Game

Faye's POV

“Here’s the rule of the game Fayette. You are the rabbit and these guys are the wolves. Of course, they will hunt you down to either kill you for fun or eat you literally and in other ways.” She giggled as the men behind her laughed at her words with double meaning.

“You can do whatever you want to survive but they can also do whatever they want. You just have to survive Fayette. Survive in the forest. Be killed by these wolves or the other animals in the forest.” She stated. I'm going to survive.

“Let the game begin.” She loudly announced. With that I took off running for my life deep in the woods. I saw the men slowly walking as if giving me time to get away. The look on their face makes me shudder. They want to murder me in the worst ways possible.

I'm sure Pasha wanted to have my head and I’m sure she’ll pay big for my death. I ran and ran. Breathing heavily, I looked behind me looking for the men. They were completely not in sight. I stopped and gathered myself. I have to get out of here.  I needed to look for help and go back to my family.

After hours of running the sun is already setting. I wrapped my arms on myself as I felt the cold night breeze hit my skin. I can’t light a fire because they might find me. Looking around I saw nowhere to hide for the night. Deciding that I have to make it through the night. I climbed up the nearest tree. This might be enough to hide me. I settled myself and saw fruits from the tree. Lucky!! I cheered internally. Munching on the fruit, I scanned the forest for any signs of my pursuers.

I saw no signs or traces so I tried to sleep and rest. I really needed it. After a few hours of sleep, I woke up as I heard scuffling below the tree top. I slowly looked down and saw one of my pursuers.

“Shit” I slowly muttered. I moved slowly and pluck a fruit out of the tree and threw it far. He looked at where the fruit landed and ran towards its direction. I jumped down the tree and started running again. As I ran, I stopped my tracks as I saw a man emerged from a tree.

“Hello, Miss Faye.” He greeted with a smile full of malice.  I took a step back, my stance changing from relaxed to rigid.

“Don’t be so unwelcoming, Miss Faye” He said with a little pout.

“After all, you’re going to be the key for my fortune.” He charged at me sending a few punches. I expertly dodge them all not wanting his fist landing on my body.

“Not bad! I did not know that you can-” He tried saying with an amused smile but I charged towards the man. I pushed him hard making him fell on his back.

I straddled the man sending punches in his face. He tried blocking them but few of my punches went straight his face. He squirmed and was about to push me off but I took a big rock and hit it straight his head, knocking him unconscious. This idiot totally underestimated me.

I shakily stood up and started walking. I kept on walking deeper into the forest hoping for an escape. I heard my stomach grumble. I was walking from dawn to the afternoon straight without eating.

I lightly rubbed my stomach looking around me for food.

“Hungry? Want a carrot, Rabbit?” A voice said behind me. Knowing who he is, I slowly turned and faced a man with a knife and pointing it at me. Man, he wasn’t kidding about the carrot as a carrot is stuck in the knife.
“Um, I’d like something sweet please.” I unconsciously answered and gasp when he swung the knife in my way. I barely dodge the attacked and it was an attack that aims to kill.

Oh man! I turned on my heels and ran with him hot on my trail. I felt my lungs constrict for oxygen but I kept on running. I saw a tree branch enough to be used as a weapon. I dashed towards it and pointed it towards the man.

“Do you think you can fight me head on?” He taunted. “Go ahead. Come at me.” He made that ‘come here’ sign with his fingers. I lounge forward trying to hit him but he expertly dodge my attempts.

As he was busy dodging my attacks with the tree branch I took the leisure to kick him. He slightly lost balance but instantly recovered and swung the knife hitting my arm successfully. I screamed and my hand instantly made its way on my wound.

He made an attempt to swing his knife again but I dodged it. When he stopped his attempts and pointed the bloody knife as me I flung the tree branch straight his arm and the knife fell from his grasp. I dashed towards the knife and stabbed it in his leg making him thrash around and scream.

He landed a hit making me send off flying. I groaned and stood up wobbly. Without thinking I ran towards the opposite direction cradling my wounded arm.

I cussed when I saw the blood continuously flowing out of the wound. I was starting to feel lightheaded as I continue to walk. Because of blood loss I felt my strength slipping away and my knees buckled making me fall on the forest floor.

I groaned rolling on the ground as I struggled to stay awake. I felt my eyelids getting heavier as time passes. After a while, I fell unconscious.