𝕥𝕨𝕠. hyacinth

"𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒶 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓈𝒽 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝑒." - 𝐹𝐹𝒳

It was after school. The sun setting looked quite nice.

Y/n went into the greenhouse again, looking at the flowers. She was the leader of the gardening club and took care of the flowers all by herself since the other members graduated.

"Maybe I should give him a flower!" Y/n thought, looking around. She thought about what flower Taehyun would like.

Suddenly, she remembered the cover of his book. A deep purple Hyacinth.

She took some mini shears, going up to the pot full of purple Hyacinths. She looked for the perfect one.

Bingo!

There was one which glistened in the sunlight. It looked perfect, it stood out from the others.

Y/n cut the flower off, holding it in her hand. "This is perfect!" She exclaimed, smiling.

She stepped out of the greenhouse and went to the front of the school where she saw Taehyun exiting. Nobody else was there and this was perfect.

"Hey!" She called out.

Taehyun, who was holding onto the straps of his backpack, looked up. Y/n came running over to him with the flower behind her back.

"I'm sorry about earlier, so here, have this!" She pulled out the flower from behind her back.

Taehyun's eyes widened a bit as a smile spread across his cheeks.

"How did you know that this was my favourite flower?" Taehyun asked, his cheeks heating up a bit. "I don't know, I just assumed." Y/n smiled.

"I want to make it up to you properly, please let me." Y/n pouted. Taehyun's heart nearly skipped a beat. Her pout made her look cute. "Oh, fine." Taehyun gave up, giving in to whatever she was going to do.

"Yay! I wanna get you a drink at this café nearby." She smiled. "O-oh, alright." Taehyun smiled a bit. "Let's go now since I'm free right now." Y/n smiled.

Taehyun nodded, following her and walking with her. Through their walk, he observed the purple Hyacinth that he was given.

"Your name is Taehyun, right?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, it is. My father gave it to me." He gently smiled, placing the Hyacinth as a bookmark inside his book.

"It's such a pretty name," y/n subconsciously said, as they walked down the street. Taehyun noticed what she said and quietly smiled. Y/n didn't know it, but the compliments she was giving him made him happier.

◦•●◉✿ ... ✿◉●•◦

They then finally reached the café. When they entered, they were greeted by the pleasant smell of coffee and sweet caramel. "What do you wanna get?" Y/n asked, taking out her credit card.

"Uhm... A berry smoothie.." he scratched the back of his head. "I'll have that too. I love smoothies!" Y/n smiled.

"Me too! They're my favourite thing to drink!" Taehyun suddenly brightened up. Y/n found it cute when he did that.

They ordered and sat at a table. "So, um, about what my friend said earlier..." y/n looked down. "It's okay, I guess I am a nerd and pretty weird." Taehyun's smile turned a bit sad.

"You're not a nerd, you're smart. You're certainly not weird either, you just see the world differently than others do and that's okay." Y/n looked into his dark, sparkling eyes.

It was as if the world froze for a moment. Those words that y/n had said to him hit differently.

◦•●◉✿ ... ✿◉●•◦

"Order 146!" The person behind the counter said. Both of their heads perked up. It was their order. Y/n got up, getting the drinks and sitting back down in front of Taehyun.

"Thank you," he said, sighing and smiling. "I'm sorry." Y/n looked down, awkwardly fumbling. "I'm being awkward, aren't I?" She asked, fidgeting with her fingers.

"No, you aren't." Taehyun took a sip of his smoothie. Their eyes met and Taehyun froze, making y/n laugh out loud.

"Sorry, I don't know why I found that funny!" Y/n covered her mouth, trying to hold another laugh back. Taehyun found that cute about y/n.

They talked, exchanged numbers and had a nice time in general. "Anyway, I hope I'm not on your bad side." Y/n chuckled softly.

"You aren't, don't worry." Taehyun gave her a gentle smile. After another thirty minutes, Taehyun checked the time, a frown coming up onto his face. "Aw, man.. I have to head home." Taehyun slightly pouted.

"My mom's gonna kill me if I don't get there in time for dinner," he awkwardly laughed. "I understand. I had a great time with you today!" Y/n optimistically grinned.

"Thanks for treating me. I'll return the favour tomorrow, okay? I promise." Taehyun placed his book in his backpack, putting the purple hyacinth behind his ear.

Y/n thought he looked innocent with the flower on his head. "Bye," Taehyun waved before exiting the café, y/n waving back. She left a few minutes after he did.

◦•●◉✿ ... ✿◉●•◦

Y/n couldn't get the thought of Taehyun with a flower behind his ear off of her head. She thought he looked so innocent and cute to hurt anyone.

At the same time, he looked like someone who needed to be protected.

He just looked so small and fragile.

"Awwwe!" Y/n squealed to herself, smiling like crazy as she walked through the orange afternoon sun.

She secretly wanted to be his friend, and get on the better side of him.