Chapter 3

Alexis's POV

We were in a library and Tintin tried to find some useful facts about the ship. Tintin then found something.

"Here it is. 'Sir Francis Haddock of Marlinspike Hall, the last captain of the ill-fated Unicorn... The ship set sail from Barbados in 1676 on one of the most ruinous voyage in maritime history. The ship never reached destination... Attacked by pirates... All hands lost, except for one survivor. When Sir Francis was rescued and returned home, he was convinced his name had been cursed. The Unicorn's Manifest stated it was carrying a cargo of rum and tobacco bound for Europe, but it was long claimed the ship was carrying a secret cargo,'" Tintin read out loud, and then looked at me and Snowy.

"What was the ship carrying, Alexis and Snowy?" Tintin questioned. This caused me to shrug. Tintin then flipped to the next page.

"'Historians have tired and failed to discover what happened on that fatal voyage... But Sir Francis's last words... 'Only a true Haddock will discover the secret of the Unicorn,''" Tintin said.

As he continued to flip through different pages, I had this strange feeling as if someone was watching us. Curiosity got to the best of me and caused me to turn around, but saw nothing. Tintin then turns around as well.

"What is it, Alexis?" Tintin asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like we're being watched," I told him.

Timeskip

We made it back to the apartment and started to walk up the stairs.

We've missed something, Alexis. We need to take a closer look at that model," Tintin said as we entered our apartment. We then look at the table to see that it's gone.

"Of course it's gone. How could I be so stupid?" Tintin questioned himself.

That only meant one thing. We need to go to Marlinspike Hall and investigate.