Chapter 21

Alexis's POV

We finally made it to Bagghar. We rode on camels to get there. We then look down at the view towards the docks and we were able to see the Karaboudjan.

"He's here," Tintin said with me on his lap as I hold onto Snowy.

We then go down to the village and walk around.

"It's no good. They could be anywhere," Captain said.

I then see Tintin turn around as if he saw something and picked up the pace.

"Captain, Alexis, don't look now, but we're being followed," Tintin told us. I was about to look back, but Tintin turned my head forward. Captain then does a 360 degree turn and then tightens his fists.

"Yes, we are," Captain said.

We ended up in an alleyway and waited for the people to pass by us and catch them by surprise.

I then heard footsteps getting closer and that was when Tintin and Captain trip them. I then watch as they fall to the ground.

"What do you want? Why are you following us?" Tintin asked the people. Captain then gets grabs them by the shirt and started to yell at them.

"Who...are you...working for?!"Captain said as I got a good look of them. It was Thompson and Thomson.

"Wait, Captain!" I said.

"Thomson and Thompson," Tintin said.

"Not so loud. We're in disguise," Thompson told us.

"So I see. You got the message I sent from the ship," Tintin said.

"Yes, well, bit of a long story, that," Thompson said.

"The upshot is we caught the thief, retrieved your wallet, then hopped on the next plane to Bagghar," Thomson explained.

"Yes,that pocket-picker has picked his last pocket," Thompson said as he took something out from his coat. Tintin's wallet. "Here. Don't worry. He didn't take any money," Thompson added.

"It's no the money I'm worried about," Tintin said as he looked in his wallet for something. He then pulled out the scroll. I then felt that it was still in there. "The odds are even. Now to find the next two scrolls," Tintin stated.

He then looked up to see a poster being hung up that read, "The Milanese Nightingale."

"The Milanese Nightingale," Tintin read. We then saw a picture of who she looks like. She actually looked pretty. "That's his secret weapon," Tintin then stated.

The others then caught up with us and looked at the poster.

"What a dish," Captain said.

Now what's the plan?