Chapter 18

Alexis's POV

Right now, me and Tintin are at an army base. I bet you're wondering how we got here. I don't even know how we got here. I just woke up here. So we are being lead by a Lieutenant to check on Captain.

"I'm Lieutenant Delcourt. Welcome to the Afghar Outpost," The Lieutenant told us.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. We owe you our lives. Did you find our friend?" Tintin asked the Lieutenant.

"Yes, but he's not in good shape, I'm afraid. He's still suffering the effects of acute dehydration. He's quite delirious. Why don't we pay him a visit?" The Lieutenant told us.

What does he mean by that? Delirious?

We then enter the room that Haddock was staying in and we saw that he was wide awake. I also noticed that he was holding a glass of water.

"Ah, Haddock. You're awake. Good. I have visitors for you," The Lieutenant told Captain.

"Hello, Captain," I said as I waved at him.

"Hello! I think you two got the wrong room," Captain said.

Well, the Lieutenant wasn't kidding when he said he was suffering with some kind of effect.

"Captain, it's Tintin and Alexis. Our plane crashed in the dessert. Don't you remember?" Tintin told Captain.

"Plane? No no, I'm a naval man myself. I never fly if I can help it. He's got me confused with someone else," Captain said as he looked at the Lieutenant. "What is this peculiar liquid? There's no bouquet. It's completely transparent," Captain asked the Lieutenant as he held up the glass of water.

He doesn't even know what water is? This is even worse than I thought.

"Why, it's water," The Lieutenant answered.

"What will they think of next," Captain then said. In the corner of my eye, I saw Snowy run to a table that held a bottle filled with liquid. I then follow him to see what he's planning.

"What is it, Snowy?" I asked him, and then I look at the bottle. It's a type of alcohol.

Maybe this will help give Captain's memories back.

I quickly grab it and place it on a table that stands next to Captain, waiting for the right moment to switch his drink.

"Now, Captain, out in the desert..." Tintin started.

"Desert?" Captain questioned.

"Yes, you were talking about Sir Francis," Tintin continued.

"Sir who?" Captain asked.

"Sir Francis! And you were telling me about what happened on the Unicorn," Tintin stated.

"The Unicorn," Captain said.

"Yes," Tintin said.

"The stuff that dreams are made of. Wee children's dreams," Captain stated.

Oh you got to be kidding me.

"No, the ship. Please try to remember, Captain. Lives are at risk," Tintin told him, as Captain was going to reach for the glass of water.

At that moment, I switched it with the bottle of alcohol. He then grabbed it and started to drink from it.

"Alexis, what have you done?" Tintin asked me.

"You'll thank me later," I told him.

Captain then gasped as if something struck him.

"I'd stand back if I were you," Tintin told the Lieutenant and another guard in the room. Captain then started screaming as if he was being attacked.

"Everybody, out of the room!" Tintin told everyone as I held Snowy. I just stood there in amazement. "Alexis!" Tintin said as he lifted me off the ground and carried me to another room. And just as we closed the door, Captain jumped off the bed.

All of a sudden, Captain broke down the door and continued screaming. And then I knew, he got his memories back.

"Show yourself, Red Rackham!"