Chapter 22

Alexis's POV

Just as we were about to enter, Tintin took out the scroll from his pocket and held it out to Captain.

"Here. I want you to look after this," Tintin told Captain. Captain then started to back away. "What are you doing?" Tintin asked with a confused look.

"Me?" Captain asked.

"Yes," Tintin said.

"Are you sure?" Captain then asked.

"If we're caught, they're going to be looking for it on us," I stated.

"Look, just keep it hidden," Tintin said as he grabbed Captain's hand and had him hold it. Captain then went down on one knee.

"I'll will guard this with my life," Captain vowed.

"Get up!" Tintin whispered to him.

We then walked in and got ready to listen to the Milanese Nightingale sing. We then stood up and clapped for her.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Tintin using his little telescope thingy to look at the model ship in the far distance, in a bullet proof glass case.

We then sat down in our seats. I sat on Tintin's lap while Captain sat beside us and Snowy was on the floor.

She then started singing, and I don't think Captain was liking it.

"Blistering barnacles. What's that noise?" Captain said as Tintin shushed him.

The Milanese Nightingale then started to sing high notes, and I bet that was bad for Captain.

"My ears... They're bleeding," Captain stated.

"No, they're not," Tintin told him.

Captain then started banging his head lightly on the chair in front of him, which got a lot of people's attention.

Way to go, Captain.

I then heard Snowy whimpering while trying to cover his ears. After Tintin told him to be quiet, Captain stood up out of his chair.

"Oh, Columbus! It's every man for himself. Make way. Make way. Medical emergency," Captain said as he walked away.

Real smooth, Captain.

I didn't really pay that much attention to him because I was too focused on watching the Milanese Nightingale.

As she continues to sing, something catches my eye. I look up at a balcony and see Sakharine. I think Tintin noticed, too. Then, out of nowhere, a falcon lands on his arm.

Me and Tintin then look in the distance to see the bullet proof glass case was starting to break.

"Sakharine," Tintin mumbled to himself as he stood up, which caused me to stand up.

The Milanese Nightingale then does a high note and we watch as a few glass around us breaks until the bullet proof glass case shatters into pieces.

Just then, the falcon spreads his wings and flies to the model ship.

"The falcon! Alexis, Snowy, after him!" Tintin told us. Snowy and I then run towards the model ship and try to catch the falcon.

We were so close to catching the bird, but he took off before we could reach him. He took the scroll.

Great. What now?