Chapter 14

Alexis's POV

I woke up to the feeling of warmth and the smell of smoke. I then heard a voice that belonged to someone familiar.

"Tintin? Tintin? Come and warm yourself, laddie," I heard Captain say. I then feel Tintin shift and gently moved me off of him, trying not to disturb me.

"Captain? What have you done?" I heard Tintin ask.

"Oh, no need to thank me," Captain then said.

"What?" Tintin then questioned.

"Well, you and Lassie looked a little cold, so I lift a wee fire," Captain then said.

What is he talking about?

"In a boat?!" Tintin exclaimed. I then realized what they were talking about. So I bolted up in a sitting position. "No, those are our oars. We need those oars," Tintin said as Captain picked up a remaining oar.

"Yes, but not for much longer," Captain then said as we broke the oar in half and threw it in the fire.

"Have you gone mad?! Quick, Captain! Help me! Captain, help me! Quick!

"He's right. What have I done? What have I done?" Captain the realized as he takes some liquid from a bottle and pours it in the fire.

"No, Captain, no not that!" Tintin yelled. Then the fire makes an explosion as I jump in the water. I swim up to the surface and see the mess that happened.

"Thundering typhoons," Captain said to himself.

Timeskip

"Well, this is a fine mess. We're stranded here, with no hope of rescue, while Sakharine and his men are halfway to Bagghar," Tintin said as we sat on top of a flipped-over lifeboat.

"Poor, miserable wretch!" Captain continued to blame himself.

"Yes, All right. That's enough of that," Tintin told Captain.

"It was his fault, you see. It was Sir Francis," Captain told us.

"Tell me, how did you work that one out?" Tintin asked.

"Because he was a figurehead of great courage and bold exploits. No one liked him ever existed in my family. Why do you think I drink? Because I know I'll never be like him," Captain explained to us.

Now that makes sense.

"No, it's far better that I end it now. Put us both out of our misery," Captain said as he stood up.

I then heard something getting louder and louder at the very second. I then turn around and look up to see a sea plane. I knew it was from the "Karaboudjan" ship.

"Uh oh," I mumbled to myself. I think Tintin noticed me say that.

"What is it, Alexis?" Tintin asked me as he looked at the direction I was looking at.

"I'm gonna lower myself into the sea... Into the cold embrace of the big blue..." Captain continued to say.

Should I just push him overboard?

"Those are Portuguese markings," Tintin stated.

"Are you even listening?" Captain asked as he looked at us.

"Where is the Karaboudjan registered?" Tintin asked Captain. Captain then looks up and sees the sea plane.

"We're saved. We're saved! Oh, it's a sign from above!" Captain said as he put his arms up.

I should really push him overboard.

The sea plane then started firing their guns at us. Tintin put his arm around me as I held Snowy close to me, and Captain ducked down. Captain then stands up once the plane flies back up.

"Troglodytes!" Captain started to yell as if he was ready to fight them.

"Captain, get down!" Tintin told him.

"Slave traders! Mutant malingerers! Freshwater politicians!" Captain then started to yell out some more names.

"Bad news, guys. We've only got one bullet," Tintin stated as he got out his gun.

"What's the good news?" I asked him.

"We've got one bullet," Tintin said as he aimed his gun at the sea plane.

Just as the sea plane was coming back, it started to shoot at us again. Once the plane was above us, Tintin made the shot. He shot at the plane's engine.

Captain then slips and falls in the water.

I guess I don't have to push him overboard anymore.

"You got him!" Captain yelled as we all saw the sea plane landed on the water. Me and Tintin then jump in the water with Snowy in my arms.

"Stay here, Captain and Alexis," Tintin told us as he dived under the water.

"Tintin? Tintin?!" Captain called out. I then got curious and looked over the lifeboat a bit to see what's going on.

I then see Tintin swim in front of the men who were in the plane while aiming his gun at them, even though it wasn't loaded. The two men then put their hands up.

It looks like we got a ride.