Chapter 12

Alexis's POV

We made it to a door that leads to the outside part of the ship. As we opened it and Captain stepped out while drinking, he almost bumped into a guy. This caused Tintin to grab his arm and pull him back and closed the door.

Tintin then looked like he had an idea and grabbed Captain's bottle. As Tintin opened the door and was about to hit the guy with the bottle, Captain quickly snatched the bottle away from Tintin and took a drink. Tintin then hit the guy with his own hand, which hurt him.

Well, at least the guy is knocked out.

After Captain is done with his drink, he looks at Tintin, who is still in pain.

"Come on," He said as he lead the way to the lifeboats.

As we move a lifeboat above the water, Tintin pulls us down as he looks up at two men who stole him in the first place. This caused Captain to gasp.

"It's Allan," Captain said a Allan and the other guy entered a room.

"Is that the bridge?" Tintin asked him.

"Aye, on the other side of the radio room," Captain answered.

"Radio room?" Tintin then questioned. "Wait here, Captain. You too, Alexis. Sound the alarm if anyone comes," Tintin told us as he left and followed those guys.

"Careful, Tintin," I told him.

As time past and Captain was holding onto a rope that held the lifeboat, I started to get worried for Tintin.

"Tintin?" Captain said, sounding a little worried for him. All of a sudden, a man comes out from under the cloth on top of the boat and aims a gun at us.

"Hey! Put your hands up," He told us. We then obeyed his command, but what surprised me was that the rope that Captain was holding onto was loose, which caused the boat, and the man, to fall overboard.

We then look down to see the man's leg was stuck on the rope, which caused him to hang above the water.

"Let that be a lesson to you!" Captain yelled down to the man as I giggled.

We then went to another lifeboat and checked if there was anyone else in that boat, but luckily there weren't.

Just as Captain was about to move the lifeboat above the water, someone saw us.

"Here, by the lifeboats!" A man yelled as he aimed his gun at us. Just then, Tintin was behind that man, which caught his attention. I then saw Allan right behind him as Tintin dodged them and distracted them.

I then saw Snowy running towards us and jumped into my arms. I then get into the lifeboat as Captain was moving it above the water.

What catches our attention was the fact that men were shooting at my brother. I then got scared and worried for his safety.

Captain then slips inside the lifeboat as it rocks side to side, which then caused one side of the ropes to snap apart. This then caused us to hold on for dear life. As I held onto Snowy, I lost my grip and fell, only to be saved by Captain holding onto my hand as we dangled above the water.

I then see Tintin jump onto the lifeboat and shoots the other rope that was holding onto the boat. We then fell and landed safely on the lifeboat as it landed on top of the water.

Tintin and Captain then use the oars and row the lifeboat as far away as possible from the ship.

Just as we were rowing away, and bright red light was shot out from the ship and was now in the sky.

"Get down. Get down," Tintin told us as we all laid down. I held onto Snowy as I laid on top of Tintin's chest and Captain was laying down besides us.

I tried to look up to see what was going on, only for Tintin to pull me back down. Captain then took Snowy from me and held him close to him.

My heartbeat started to increase as I started to hyperventilate as Tintin held me close to him and braced ourselves for the impact.

I waited for the impact until a broken lifeboat was seen in the ocean water.

Oh, no! The lifeboat broke and we're... still alive?

We all then look up to see that the ship broke the other lifeboat that fell overboard. I'm just glad we weren't in that lifeboat.