Chapter 16

Alexis's POV

I woke up to the sound of someone's voice. Actually, it was two people's voices. As I was starting to wake up, I could see that I was being carried by someone as we were walking through the desert. Then everything came back to me.

The plane crashed and I blacked out. I then looked at my surroundings.

"Tintin?" I said. Tintin then notices that I'm awake.

"Oh, Alexis. Thank goodness you're all right," Tintin told me. I then look to the side to see Captain staring off into the distance.

"Look, Tintin. We're saved. Water, water!" Captain said as he started running up the little sand dune. Tintin then puts me down.

"Stop, Captain! It's just a mirage!" Tintin said as we chased after him as he rolls down the sand dune and finds nothing.

"It was here. I saw it," Captain then said.

"It was just your mind playing tricks. It's the heat," Tintin told Captain.

"I have to go home," Captain said.

"What?" Tintin questioned.

"I have to go back to the sea," Captain told him.

"But, Captain, you're hallucinating," Tintin stated.

"Look. Did you ever see a more beautiful sight? She's turning into the wind. All sails set. Triple masted. Double decks. Fifty guns," Captain said. I knew what he was talking about.

"The Unicorn?" I asked.

"Isn't she a beauty?" Captain asked as he turned to look at us.

"Yes, yes she is. Tell me, Captain... What else can you see?" Tintin  asked Captain. Captain then looks in the distance in front of him as Snowy comes next to me with a huge bone.

I'm not even gonna ask.

"She's got the wind behind her. Look at the pace she's setting. Barely a day out of Barbados...a hold full of rum and the finest tobacco, and the hearts of sailors set for home," Captain told us.

We then sit down and listen to what Captain tells us.