Chapter 24

Alexis's POV

I woke up laying against something, or someone. I was a bit cold since I was wet and shivered as the wind flew by me. I felt arms wrap around me to prevent me from shivering from the cold. I look up to see that I was laying against Tintin as he sat on a chair.

"Tintin?" I said. Tintin then looks at me with a relieved look on his face. He then hugs me a little tighter than before.

"Alexis, I'm so sorry that I didn't save you earlier," Tintin apologized.

"It's all right, Tintin," I reassured to him.

"Nobody takes my ship!" I heard Captain yell.

"They'e already taken it," Tintin told Captain.

"Nobody takes my ship twice! We'll show them, won't we, Tintin? All right, then. What's the plan?" Captain asked.

"There is no plan," Tintin told Captain, as if he gave up on hope.

"Of course there's a plan. You've always got a plan," Captain stated.

"Not this time. Sakharine has the scrolls. They'll lead him to the treasure. It could be anywhere in the world. We'll never see them again. It's over," Tintin explained to Captain.

"I thought you were an optimist," Captain told Tintin. Tintin then stands up from his chair and puts me down.

"You were wrong, weren't you? I'm a realist," Tintin said.

"That's just another name for a quitter," Captain then said.

"You can call me what you like. Don't you get it? We failed," Tintin told Captain.

"Failed? There are plenty of others willing to call you a failure. A fool, a loser. A hopeless souse!" Captain said, and then pushed Tintin down on his chair. "Don't you ever say it of yourself. You send out the wrong signal... That is what people pick up. Do you understand? You care about something, you fight for it. You hit a wall... You push through it. There's something you need to know about failure, Tintin," Captain said as he then turns the other direction.

"You can never let it defeat you," Captain then stated.

"What did you just say?" Tintin said as he stood up.

"You hit a wall, you push through it," Captain repeated.

"No, no, no. You said something about sending out a signal," Tintin stated as he paced around. He then brightened up when he got an idea.

"Of course! Captain, Alexis, I sent a radio message from the Karaboudjan. I know what radio frequency they're transmitting on," Tintin said.

"How does that help us?" Captain asked.

"All we have to do is send that information to Interpol. They can track the signals, and figure which way they're headed," Tintin explained. I then look in the distance to see Thompson and Thomson coming in our direction.

"Speaking of Interpol," I said as I looked at them, which caused Captain and Tintin to look in the direction I was looking at.

"Tintin!" Thompson and Thomson call out.

"Any port they enter, we'll know at once," Tintin then said.

"And we can get there first," Captain said as he pointed to a sea plane that's parked at the docks.

Be ready, Sakharine. Because we are going to give you one big surprise.