Chapter 26

Alexis's POV

We we are, riding on a car all the way to the location of the treasure. Captain had a telescope and looked into the distance.

"Almost there, Mr. Tintin! A nudge to starboard should do it," Captain said.

"Are you sure we're on course?" Tintin asked Captain.

"Trust me, laddie. I know these parts like the back of my hand," Captain said. He then looked through his telescope again. "Starboard! Quickly! Quickly!" Captain yelled as he pointed to the right.

"Aye, Captain. Starboard it is," Tintin said as he turned right. We then went through some bushes and trees.

We then ended up in front of a mansion.

"All stop!" Captain yelled.

I then look up to see that we're back at Marlinspike Hall.

"Marlinspike Hall," Captain mumbled to himself.

"Those coordinates lead here. And this is where Sir Francis hid it? I thought the treasure went down with the ship," Tintin said.

Just then, the front door opened and Nestor stepped out of the mansion.

"Master Haddock, Mr. Tintin, Miss Alexis... I've been expecting you," Nestor told us.

Wait, if he was expecting us, then why didn't he tell us from the start?!

We then enter the mansion.

"Welcome to Marlinspike Hall," Nestor said as we all looked around in amazement.

"Will you look at this place? I don't think it's changed at all since I was a wee boy," Captain said.

"And may I say, sir, how much I'm looking forward to having a Haddock back in charge of the estate," Nestor told Captain.

"You'll be waiting a long time, mister. There's no way I could afford to live here," Captain stated.

"Well, Captain, you know the house. Where do we start?" Tintin asked Captain.

"Is the cellar still here?" Captain asked.

We were then lead to what seems to be the cellar. I follow Snowy and the other dog as they played around. Snowy then went to a wall and saw a passage way that I could fit through. I quickly went through it after Snowy went through.

"Alexis, Snowy, where are you?" I heard Tintin ask from the other side of the wall.

"Over here," I said.

I then saw them take out a few furniture that blocked it of and looked through.

"Alexis? Snowy?" I heard Tintin say. I then bent down in front of them.

"Hi," I greeted them.

"Just like you said, Captain. you hit a wall..." Tintin started.

"You push through it," Captain finished the sentence.

I knew exactly what they were talking about. I quickly moved to the side along with Snowy and they broke through a wall with a thick wooden plank.

"My grandfather must have walled it up before he lost the house," Captain stated.

"'And then shines forth the Eagle's Cross,'" Tintin said as we all walked forward.

"I can see the cross, but where's the eagle?" Captain asked as we looked at a sculpture of a man holding a cross.

"St. John the Evangelist, who was always depicted with an eagle. And he's called 'The Eagle of Patmos.' He is the eagle," Tintin stated. "What's he trying to tell us, Captain and Alexis? I'm at a loss," Tintin asked.

Captain then walks to a globe in front of the sculpture and it looked as if he noticed something.

"That island, the one in the middle, that doesn't exist," Captain told us. I got curious and looked at it.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I sailed those waters. Countless times I've been there. It's a mistake," Captain said.

"What if it isn't? Sir Francis wanted his inheritance to go to a man who's worthy of it. A man like himself, who knows the seas like the back of his hand. A man who could look at a globe, and tell if one tiny island was out of place," Tintin explained.

Captain then puts his finger on top of the island and then something clicked. Suddenly, the top of the globe flew up, which hit Tintin and Captain's face.

We then look inside to see...

Treasure.

"Blistering treasure. It's Red Rackham's barnacles," Captain said as Tintin picked up some treasure and watched as they fell off from his hand. Captain then notices something else. "What is this?" He asked.

Captain then took out a pirate hat that held the treasure. He then placed the treasure in a bucket and then place the hat on his head.

Nestor then came in with two cups of whiskey. Captain takes them and gives one to Tintin.

"Just a wee tipple. A toast... To our good fortune," Captain said, and then drank his cup and placed it on the tray when he was finished. "It's odd, really. You would've thought, after all the fuss and bother, there would've been more..." Captain said as he took the cup Tintin had and drank from it.

"More of what?" I asked.

"Red Rackham's treasure. I mean, by your account, he looted half of South America. I just thought... Never mind, there's plenty to go around. It's a funny life, huh? Well, you've got your story for your newspaper. All's well that ends well," Captain said as he put his arm around Tintin and I picked up Snowy.

"It's not ended," Tintin told us. That got me confused. "Sir Francis left another clue at the bottom of the globe," Tintin then said as he held out a piece of paper.

"A clue of what?" Captain asked.

"Four-hundredweight of gold. Just lying at the bottom of the sea," Tintin said as I went in between them to look at the paper Tintin held. "How's your thirst for adventure, Captain?" Tintin then asked.

"Unquenchable, Tintin," Captain said.

They then put their arms around me as we all looked at the paper in front of us. And just then, I knew that we had another adventure ahead of ourselves.

Hidden treasure, here we come.

The End