Chapter 11

Alexis's POV

We make it to a room that is filled with a lot of men sleeping on bunk beds.

"Mr. Jaggerman. Top bunk in the center. Keeper of the keys. Careful, mate. He's a restless sleeper on account of the tragic loss of his eyelids," Captain told us.

"He lost his eyelids?" I asked.

"Aye," Captain responded. "Now, that was a card game to remember. You really had to be there," Captain added as he chuckled.

Tintin turned to look at me as he and Snowy then entered the room.

"Alexis, stay here," He told me as I nodded as a response.

"I'd do this myself, Tintin, but... you've a lighter tread and less chance of waking the boys," Captain then told my brother.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Tintin whispered to Captain as he was already walking to the bunk.

"You have nothing to worry about. Provided they all stay asleep," Captain whispered back to Tintin.

Are you sure about that?

"I wouldn't get too close to Mr. Hobbs. He's very handy with the razor," Captain explained to Tintin as he and Snowy climbed up the ladder to the top bunk.

"And I'd steer clear of Mr. Gitch. Sacked as a shepherd on account of his 'animal husbandry,'" Captain then added.

Tintin and Snowy were just across the other bunk that had the keys. Tintin tried to reach for them, but almost fell. This caused me to cover my eyes.

I then uncover my eyes to see Tintin carrying Snowy and holding him near the keys so that he could get them. But it looked like Snowy was interested in something else.

"Not the sandwich. The keys," Tintin told Snowy as he tried to pull him back. But the fake shark that Tintin was holding onto to keep him steady broke off the ceiling, which caused Tintin to fall off the top bunk and onto the second-leveled bunk.

Tintin then tried to reach the keys from there, but a lot of men ended up falling off the bunks, which then caused to fall off.

Tintin was then buried underneath a whole bunch of the sleeping men on top of him. Just as Snowy went to make sure Tintin was all right, his arm popped out from underneath the men with the keys in his hand. This then got Captain excited.

Tintin exited the room and threw the keys to Captain.

"You're a brave lad, Tintin. My heart was in my mouth. Don't mind telling you. That is, if it was my heart. Judging by my stomach, it could have been anything," Captain told Tintin as he unlocked the door but didn't open it yet.

"Hurry up, Captain! No time to lose," Tintin rushed Captain. Captain then opened the door.

"Bingo! Just the necessities, of course," Captain said as he started putting bottles of whiskey in his pockets. Once he was done, he exited the room. "To the lifeboats," He said as me and Tintin shared the same confused look.

Did we waste time just to get some drinks for Captain?