Chapter 20

Alexis's POV

"Sir Francis knew he was doomed. That he'd be hung from the highest yardarm. But they didn't reckon on one thing. Sir Francis was a Haddock, and a Haddock always has a trick up his sleeve," Captain said as he picked up a feathered pen.

Flashback

As the pirates were sleeping, Sir Francis was tied back onto the wooden pole. He then flicks the feather on his hat off and catches it with his mouth. He then lets it fall to the ground and grabs it at the right moment.

He the uses the sharp part of it and cuts the rope.

End of Flashback

"With that, he hurls himself forward," Captain told us.

"On the pirates? Like that? Unarmed?" Tintin asked.

"No, on a bottle of rum rolling on the deck, and he opens it up, and puts it to his lips..." Captain started as he grabbed a bottle of whiskey and was about to drink from it. This caused the guards to aim their weapons at him and for Tintin to stop him from drinking.

"And then he stops. 'This is no time for drinking,' he said, 'I need all my wits about me.' With that, he puts down the bottle, and..." Tintin told Captain as he gestures to Captain to continue.

"Yes, yes, he puts down the bottle. And he seizes a cutlass!" Captain said as he takes a sword, which causes for the guards to aim their guns at him.

Flashback

"And then he makes his way to the ship's magazine, where they keep all the gunpowder and a shot," Captain narrates.

Sir Francis makes it below deck and picks up a barrel of gunpowder and makes a trail of it up to the deck, where Red Rackham is already waiting for him.

"You dog! You'd blow up sky high?" Red Rackahm said as he aimed his sword at Sir Francis.

"Come on, then. Let's have you!" Sir Francis said as he quickly drew out his sword and cut a rope that held a lantern. This caused for it to land on top of the trail of gunpowder as it starts to go along the trail.

Sir Francis then fight against each other as they go below deck. Red Rackham would always try to put out the fire by sliding his shoe on top of it. But Sir Francis would always put on another fire by using the lanterns.

As the time passed for them fighting and the fire to follow along the trail of gunpowder, Sir Francis finally stabs Red Rackham and then he falls to the floor.

Sir Francis then uses his sword and rips of the piece of cloth that covered above Red Rackahm's nose and mouth. He then reveals himself.

End of Flashback

"You..." Captain said as he aimed his sword at me and Tintin, which we were laying on the floor.

"Captain, what is it?" Tintin asked.

"How could I be so blind?" Captain said as he walked a few steps to the side.

"What are you talking about?" Tintin then asked as he and I stood up.

"It isn't just about the scrolls...or the treasure that went down with the ship. It's me. It's me he's after," Captain then realizes.

Flashback

"You'll suffer a curse upon you and your name, Haddock," Red Rackham told Sir Francis.

End of Flashback

"He wants vengeance," Captain stated.

Flashback

"Come back and face me," Red Rackham said as Sir Francis started to walk away.

End of Flashback

"Hurry, Tintin and lassie," Captain told us. I then quickly pick up Snowy and follow close behind them.

"What?" Tintin questioned as Captain pulled him to a window.

"We're out of time," Captain added.

"Captain?" Tintin said as he pushed him out of the window. Captain then follows behind as me and Snowy go to the window.

I then jump out, only to land in a pile of hay.

Flashback

Sir Francis jumps out of the Unicorn just as the ship explodes. A wooden pole then lands in the water next to him as he then swims to it and holds onto it.

"I curse you! I curse your name! And all who come after! We will meet again, Haddock,  in another time! In another life!" Red Rackham said as the Unicorn sunk and did one last explosion.

Gold coins and jewels are then falling from the sky because of the explosion. Sir Francis then uses his hat and catches a few gold coins and jewels.

Sir Francis then watches as the Unicorn sinks to the bottom of the ocean.

End of Flashback

"It's not over. It was never over!" Captain told us as we sat in the pile of hay.

"I don't understand. Who's after your blood?" Tintin asked Captain.

"Sakharine," Captain answered.

"Sakharine? Why?" Tintin questioned.

I then put all of the puzzle pieces together. "It's because he's Red Rackham's descendant," I stated.

"That's why he did it," Tintin then realized.

"Did what?" Captain asked.

"Sank his own ship. Sir Francis sent that treasure to the bottom of the sea. He will be damned before he let Red Rackham have it," Tintin stated.

"And he was," Captain then said.

"But he couldn't let it lie," Tintin told Captain.

"No," Captain said.

"He left a clue. Three clues wrapped in the riddle concealing a secret. But only a true Haddock will be able to solve it," Tintin told Captain.

"What secret?" Captain then asked.

"The location of the treasure," I then stated.

"The wreck of the Unicorn. He means to steal it. The third scroll. Billions of blue blistering barnacles! I swear, as the last of the Haddocks, I'll find that treasure before him," Captain says in realization.

"To Bagghar," Tintin said as he held out his arm. This then caused both me and Captain to put our hands on top of Tintin's.

"To Bagghar!" Me and Captain say.

Let's go get that third scroll!