Chapter 4

Alexis's POV

We made it to the front gate of Marlinspike Hall. As Tintin tried to open the gate, I followed Snowy and saw a hole on the wall. I then crawl through it and walked in front of Tintin on the other side. He then notices me and Snowy on the other side and had a confused look.

"How'd you do that?" Tintin asked.

"Over here," I told him as I walked towards the hole in the wall and he crawled through.

We then walk to the mansion and Tintin observed it as he shined the flash light at it.

"A coat of arms. Why does that look familiar? Hang on a minute. That fish. It's a Haddock. Of course. Marlinspike Hall is the old Haddock estate," Tintin said as Snowy walked off.

"Snowy?" I said, only to hear a growl from behind me and Tintin. We turn around to see a bigger dog staring at us.

"Tintin," I said with fear.

Tintin then grabbed my hand and we started to run away from it. We continued running until we were at a dead end. As the dog got closer, Tintin put his arms around me and held me close to him.

But the dog stopped as Snowy jumped out in front of us and started barking at it. This caused the dog to lay close to the ground.

"Well done, Snowy. Good boy," Tintin said as he pet Snowy on the head.

As Tintin climbed up the mansion to a broken window, me and Snowy stayed behind and played with the dog. I played fetch with him and petted him a few times every once in a while.

As time passed, I got a little worried that Tintin might be in trouble. My thoughts were then interrupted when the front door to the mansion opened and Tintin stepped out. I ran over to him to see him talking to a butler.

"It's a pity, sir," The butler told Tintin.

"I'm sorry?" Tintin questioned.

"That the mast broke on your model ship, sir. I hope you found all the pieces. Things are so easily lost," The butler whispered the last part. Then I heard a voice coming from upstairs.

"Nestor, where are you?!" Said the voice.

Was that Sakharine?

"Good night, sir," The butler, known as Nestor said as he closed the door. What does he means by that?