XIII

During the next few days you stayed in due to being sick. It was just a stuffy nose and a dry cough but everyone was worried about you. Once you healed, it was back to your old schedule. This was the most excitement you've had in your life after such a long time.

But today you were in the practice room sitting and spinning on a rotating stool while all the boys were working on a new dance. You ended up laying on the floor with your head on your bag playing video games on your phone. You were so focused on your game that you had tuned out the loud music that was echoing in the room.

You didn't know it had stopped playing until you saw Joshua kneel into sight above you. You were caught off guard making you drop your phone on your face. Ouch.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think I'd scare you" He said while holding out a hand to pull you up. "It's okay, I wasn't paying attention" You smiled while grabbing his hand while he put his other hand under your elbow to give you leveridge.

"Hey, uh, wanna go walk around? It's break time now" He seemed so unsettled but he still managed to keep a smile on his face, making you curious, but you also wanted to spend some time with him. "Yeah sure" You gave a cheerful grin towards him trying to put him at ease. You glanced at Jeonghan who was all sweaty and he gave you a thumbs up. You rolled your eyes and soon you and Joshua walked out of the room. It was much quieter in the hallway. "Where are we going?" You asked, "We could just walk around the block"

There weren't a lot of people so he didn't really have to hide his face. You guys walked around the block a couple times just talking and laughing. Eventually he came to a stop a little ways down the street from the building. You were walking side by side and when you both stopped walking he stood infront of you. He was pretty close and it was like he was towering over you. "Is something wrong?" You teased playfully raising an eyebrow. "Not at all" He smiled. "You look pretty"

Your face was red and hot and he could see it. You stood there in silence. "Y/n I like you"

That caught you by big surprise. Not at all what you were expecting. The thing is, why wasn't this scene making you feel all happy and bubbly? You liked Joshua for sure... Or maybe you just admired him... like you always have. Sure you guys were friends. Maybe just friends? Any girl would die to have this moment. "I like you too" You blurted trying your best to make it sound convincing. What was happening? You didn't want to hurt his feelings. Now you had to try to sound like you liked him? Why have these feelings shifted all of a sudden?

Then someone popped into your head.

Jeonghan.

He's like a brother to you though...
No he wasn't. Jeonghan cares for you much more than any close best friend would. Why is this happening now? Why are you thinking of Jeonghan now?

His next move doesn't settle this situation either. While you were thinking about all these questions, you were looking away. All those thoughts just slipped away when Joshua reached his hand to your jawline, slightly pushing your face towards him. He then slowly got closer until you finally realized your lips were touching.

Joshua Hong kissed you.

Isn't this a fairy tale moment you would've wanted with him?

Why doesn't it feel like it anymore?