XVII

"Text your mom" Jeonghan said, focus continued on the road. The request interrupted the silence that had been sitting for the few minutes.

In those few minutes, you were fixated on him. Constantly reminding yourself of what you've been dealing with in life and that there was no way you could become attached to him in a way that... couples were attached to each other. Yuck. "Y/n?"

"Huh?" You forgot what he said once you started thinking again. "I said text your mom"

"Oh. Right." You grabbed your phone and tried turning to on, the dead battery icon flashing on your cracked screen from the day before. ".. shoot, I forgot, It's dead" you let your head fall on the head rest and you rolled your eyes. "No, stupid, text her on my phone." You could feel his eyes rolling. "Are you okay?" You glanced at him and you noticed he'd been holding his phone right in front of you the entire time. What the heck was happening with you? One second your life is falling apart and the next second, you find yourself distracted by your bestfriend in ways you'd never expect. Anyways, you grabbed his phone and nodded. "Password?" You asked, "Same as always" he placed his hand that was holding the phone back on the steering wheel. 

You punched in the sequence of numbers that had been sitting in the back of your head. The background was a picture of Seventeen. You went to his contacts and typed your mom's number in the search bar. The only person that had come up was 'Eomma 2'. 

"Really?" You asked. "What?" He said in confusion. "Eomma 2." You pressed your lips together. "Is that something to be surprised about?" Honestly, it wasn't. Since you both were kids, your families were like second families to each other, but of course, you already knew that. "Whatever" You chuckled after realizing how weird it wasn't.

Eomma 2 

4:06pm

Eomma, it's me y/n. Jeonghan came to get me,
we're on the way there now.

...
typing

---------

Eomma 2 
4:06pm

Eomma, it's me y/n. Jeonghan came to get me,
we're on the way there now.

I hope you know you're in big trouble !!

---------

You dropped in phone in your lap and sighed. "Oh boy." It was never good when your mother was angry. 

"I assume she must be worried?" Jeonghan questioned. "Worse" You said. "huh?" He sounded like he didn't quite understand. "Angry."

---------

>> to home

 *** wOOO ok. Listen, I know its been a year but I found that writing is still fun! Apologies for my absence, you know how COVID went, and I fell off WAY hard on my hobbies. I'm going to start this back up again because I miss it!! Thank you for reading and look forward for more! ALSO this chapter was short due to me being out of the story for such a long time. Thanks again <3