C h a p t e r F o u r

Keefe POV.

One thing to never do when sneaking into a ball: crawl through the window, someone is guaranteed to see you.
Unfortunately, Keefe learned that the hard way.

On his way to the Blackswan's Grand Hall, Keefe stole a suit from Ruy, one of his clan's strongest followers. It was a little big, but he didn't care.

Keefe stood dwarfed in front of Grand Hall, completely awestruck.
The guests were starting to arrive and Keefe ran to the back, looking for a window to crawl through.

Once he found one, he pried it open and clambered through it.

What he didn't know, however, was how many people had already arrived.
The room was packed and he landed with a loud thud on the other side.
Several heads turned in his direction as Keefe scrambled to stand up.

A guy his age with dark hair and silver tipped bangs snickered. Keefe scowled in his direction.

"Couldn't find the door," Keefe managed, try to sound professional.

No one said anything and they all turned back to whatever they were doing or whoever they were talking to.

Keefe sighed with relief and looked around for the food table.
He would try to keep a low profile the rest of the night. Eat some food, dance with a few girls. But still keep is head down, even though his hair was practically unmissable.
He didn't realize how hard that would be.

~

Sophie's POV.

"You sure your okay, Soph?" Dex asked Sophie as he walked back from the drinks table with a cup of Cinnacreme.

Honestly, Sophie had no idea.
She was standing next to Grady and Edaline, greeting every guest the came near them, and watching Biana and Linh laugh together at the side of side of the room with longing.

She wanted to go over their and talk to them.
But no, she was stuck playing hostess.

"I'm fine," she told Dex. "Just board I guess. How about you?"

Dex was staring at Biana, but whipped his head away from her when he heard Sophie. "Sorry, what?"

"Never mind," Sophie laughed. Dex's crush on Biana was obvious.

She told her parents she was going to get something to eat and walked over the food table.
She picked up a pink custerdburst and was about to walk back to her parents when someone caught her eye.

A boy maybe a year older then her with ice blue eyes and styled blonde hair was also at the food table, wolfing down a large piece of Mallowmelt.

The boy caught her watching him and quickly wiped his mouth on a napkin.

"Um, hi," he said.

"Hi," Sophie flushed, embarrassed to be seen watching someone eat. "I'm Sophie."

"Sophie Foster," the boy said. "The First Lady. I'm Keefe."

Sophie was surprised someone knew she was First Lady before it was announced, apparently it was pretty newsworthy.

"Yup," Sophie said awkwardly. "That's me."

Keefe smirked and bowed dramatically. "Well, Lady Foster, it is a honor to make your acquaintance."

She was about answer when Grady walked up to her.
"Sophie," he said, giving Keefe a disapproving look. "There is someone your mother and I would like you to see."

Before Sophie could say anything, or even say bye to Keefe, Grady took her by the hand and walked off.

Sophie looked back at Keefe and her heart jumped when she saw him watching her.
Keefe smiled and gave a small wave. She smiled back, just as crowd of people pushed their way in front of Keefe, blocking her view.

Grady lead Sophie to where Edaline was chatting with Della, Biana's mom.
And standing next to Della was a boy with dark hair and striking teal eyes that Sophie would have never expected to see here.

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲!
𝗜 𝗯𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗶𝘀. *𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗸*
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧