C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n

Keefe's POV.

Keefe didn't know how much more he could take.

First, he meets the girl of his dreams, but she ends up being tangled in a somewhat arranged marriage.

Then some guy of the Blackswan breaks the law and sneaks onto his clan's grounds to kill one of the Neverseen's most trusted and loyal members.

He charged at Alvar, almost smirking when he saw the coward's eyes grow wide.

But Alvar regained his senses and dodged Keefe's dagger just in time

Alvar ran at Keefe yelling something along the lines of, "kill you! Kill you! Kill you!"

Keefe admitted his wasn't vary scared.

He stood still until Alvar was just feet away, and grabbed the wrist that was holding the dagger.

"Gotcha," Keefe muttered as Alvar struggled.
He pinned Alvar to the ground, but Alvar kept pushing, putting up a surprising fight.

His hand turned sweaty as he raised the dagger, but he wasn't about to let him get away.

That was one thing Keefe's parents taught him at a young age, never show weakness, if an enemy puts up fight, allow them to die with dignity.

Keefe brought down the dagger with rapid speed, remembering how Ruy didn't hesitate.

Alvar's last words were a shoat and a promise, "You'll be exiled for this!"
His heart stopped and inky red blood soaked Keefe's hands.

Keefe stood up with a grimace, knowing he'd done what he had to do, but also wishing he'd felt more accomplished.

Lord Cassius and Lady Gisela came running outside when they heard the commotion.

Keefe wasn't surprised it had taken them this long.

His parents took one look Ruy and Alvar's body and reeled on him.

"Whathappeneddidyoudothisisthatavacker," they both spoke at the same time and it took Keefe a second to figure out what they asked.

"Yeah, that's one of the Vacker's sons." Keefe said. "He snuck on our grounds and killed Ruy."

Their face showed a hint of remorse, before their usual cold expressions returned.

"Well," Lord Cassius cleared his throat. "Ruy shall be buried in the clan's plot, and we'll deal with the Vacker boy later."

"You did this?" Lady Gisela asked Keefe, gesturing to Alvar's body.

Keefe realized he was still holding the bloody dagger.
"Couldn't let him escape with what he did to Ruy. Isn't that what a 'good clan heir' would do?"
Sarcasm fell out of his mouth without trying, as Keefe attempted to wipe the blood of his dagger on the dewy grass.

"A good heir would have brought this intruder to us immediately," Gisela snapped. "Without the risk of getting exiled."

Keefe froze. He'd brushed the threat off when Alvar said it, but his mother...

The thought of never seeing Sophie again almost killed him.

"Whatever," Keefe muttered and headed to the Villa, giving Ruy's lifeless frame one last look.

He stopped however when the sound of galloping horse hooves hit his ears.

Keefe swiveled around to see Lord Alden, Lady Della, and That Guy who Sophie was dancing with at the ball.
That Guy looked board and his eyes were glazed.

"My son Alvar is missing," Alden announced. "We heard word he was heading in this direction, any information about my son's whereabouts will be rewarded with sacks of gold."

They didn't notice their son's dead body laying right in front of them.

Keefe snorted.
Ah yes, the famous Blackswan information acquiring tactic. Bribing.

He noticed Marella and her dad had joined them, stunned to see Blackswan members so blatantly on Neverseen grounds.

"What are they doing here?" Marella mouthed to Keefe.

He shrugged and gestured to Alvar.

Marella's eyes glinted and she smiled.

He smiled back, even though his stomach felt queasy.

Della screamed and got her husband's attention, finally noticing Alvar.

That Guy noticed too and his mouth dropped open.

"What is the meaning of this?" Alden boomed. "Whoever did this shall be exiled!"

Marella's smile dropped as Alden's eyes narrowed at Keefe still blood speckled dagger.

"Young man," Alden addressed, not even bothering to question him. "The evidence is stacked against you. You shall be exiled for murder."

Keefe stood tall. "Your son snuck onto our grounds and killed one of our most trusted members. I attacked for justice."
He cringed at how stupid that sounded, "attacked for justice."

"You will be banished at dawn tomorrow!" Alden said, ignoring Keefe's argument. "No reason to worry, you will not be killed."

Keefe looked to his parents, excepting them to argue.
They didn't.

"Lord Alden," Cassius said, seething. "Take your family and leave our grounds now."

Alden didn't waste a minute, he turned around galloped away, Della and That Guy right behind him.

"Keefe," his dad said in a quiet yet baleful tone. "To your room."

Keefe turned, tears threatening, but he didn't cry.

The last thing he heard was Marella's cries for revenge on the Blackswan.

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗜 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵.
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴!
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧