C h a p t e r E i g h t

Sophie's POV.

Sophie broke away from Keefe, breathing hard.
Keefe was smiling and she couldn't help but smile back.

"Woah," Keefe said breathlessly.

Sophie blushed and was about to respond when she saw Calla walking toward her at a quick pace.

"Oh Sophie," Calla said with relief once she reached her. "Good, I found you. Lady Edaline is looking for you."

Sophie was confused. "What does she need?"

Calla shook her head. "I don't know, but she sounded urgent."
She looked like she was going to say more, but broke off when she noticed Keefe standing there.
"Good Lord! Keefe of the Neverseen! What on earth are you doing here?"

Sophie's heart nearly stopped.
Keefe of the Neverseen? The Neverseen?

"No," Sophie shook her head frantically. "There must be a mistake. He isn't of Neverseen clan!"

Calla looked at her sadly. "Sophie, he is of their clan. He's their heir." She turned her gaze on Keefe. "Though I have idea what he's doing here."

Sophie looked at Keefe, her eyes begging it not to be true.
Her only love sprung from her only hate?
(A/U. I know, that sounds really corny and outdated, but Juliet says it in the original and I really wanted to add it lmao)

Keefe looked down at the floor sadly. "I'm sorry, Foster. It's true."

Sophie didn't know what to do or think.
How was this possible? How could he even be there?

But one thought and certainty surfaced over the others.

She grabbed Keefe's hand looked into his ice blue eyes with a small smile. "It's okay, Keefe."

Sophie knew Keefe was different from the rest of the Neverseen. If he was their heir, then he was nothing like his parents.

Keefe squeezed Sophie's hand for a quick second, thanking her for trusting him.

Calla looked around nervously. "I don't know about this, but I do know that Keefe needs to get out of here immediately. Someone is bound to recognize him."

Sophie smiled at the cook. "Thank you, Calla."

Calla smiled at her. "Oh Sophie, what are we going to do with you? Now, you really need to see your mother."

Sophie nodded and turned to Keefe. "You need to get out of here."

Keefe nodded too and kissed her softly on the cheek.
"I'm sorry I couldn't stay long enough to see you announced as First Lady Foster," he smirked.

"Me too," Sophie said with a light laugh.

She watched Keefe disappear into the crowd of smiling and laughing people and head for a window in the back.

"He's cute, Miss Sophie." Calla said, making Sophie turn red. "Come on now, your mother is waiting."

Sophie followed her and she found herself in the center of the hall, both her parents already standing there expectingly for her.

Edaline brightened when she saw Sophie approaching. "Are you ready to be announced to the clan as First Lady?"

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗔𝗵𝗵𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘀!! 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴!
𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆!
𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗮𝘆/𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁!
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧