C h a p t e r T w e n t y e i g h t

WHAT 3K READS?!?!?! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! ILYSM!!!

Sophie's POV.

Having now arrived at Eternalia, Sophie was rather surprised to see how many people had showed up.

She knew she shouldn't be, after all this was the signing a peace treaty that would finally stop a war thats plagued both clans for decades. But still, seeing the huge crowds of both Blackswan and Neverseen members made Sophie's heart flutter with nerves.

She, Biana, Dex, Fitz, and the twins were now standing to the sides of a large stage platform, hidden behind velvet curtains. Like actors waiting for their cue to step on stage.
Below the platform were the people of the clans, waiting impatiently for the signing to begin.

Sophie noticed Marella and Kimia a few feet away, talking together in hushed tones.

The adults were on the other side of the curtained platform, fussing over which parchment they should use for the treaty.

"We should use vellum parchment for the treaty, it's made from quality calfskin." Lord Cassius suggested.

"I am a vegetarian!" Alden gasped, horribly offended.

"Your not going to eat it!" Cassius said in exasperation.

Sophie let out an exasperated sigh of her own.

For what felt like the hundredth time, Sophie looked over the crowd for Keefe. He'd said he would catch a ride somehow, but now Sophie wondered if he had a plan at all.

"Hey Sophie! Earth to Sophie!" Biana snapped her fingers in front of Sophie's face, breaking her from her trance.

"Yeah?" Sophie asked, turning to her friend.

Biana pointed to a far corner of the crowd. "Isn't that your boyfriend?"

Sophie's head snapped to where she was pointing. And there, standing next to a boy his age with messy brown hair and almond shaped eyes, was Keefe.

"Looks like he did catch a ride." Sophie marveled.

Biana stared at her. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go!"

Without missing a beat, Sophie took off toward the beautiful blond boy.

~

Keefe's POV.

An hour earlier, Keefe stood in front of a small bricked house, contemplating if he should knock or just barge in. Though it was probably locked.
4432 Kindlevale N street.

Keefe raised his closed fist to the large oak door to knock. Knock, he told himself. Just knock. Why am I not knocking?

Keefe didn't know why he was to nervous. Just man up and knock.

He knocked. Once. Twice.

Eventually he heard foot steps clambering toward the door. The door opened to reveal Leroy Flair.

Leroy stared at Keefe, still holding open the door.

"Uh...hi," he said.

"Hi." Keefe said back. Idiot. I'm an idiot. Did I really just say 'hi' back? He mentally chided himself.

"So," Leroy tried to remain cool. "What's up? I wasn't really expecting to see you so soon, not that it's not good to see you. I mean, Zadie will be thrilled. She's been talking about you none stop."

Keefe cracked a smile at his friend's rambling.

"Um, so," Keefe cleared his throat. "Have you gotten any, er, messages lately?" Oh God, did I really just say that? Smooth, Keefe. Smooooooooooth.
Keefe wanted to smash his head against a wall.

Leroy eyed him with the same look he'd given Keefe when he asked him to escape with him.
"I think everyone in the clans got a message. Telling them to go to Eternalia to witness the signing of a peace treaty?"

"Yep," Keefe nodded. "That would be the one."

"Then I got that message," Leroy confirmed. "Or at least my aunt and uncle did. Where heading to Eternalia in like, seven minutes." He studied Keefe a moment longer. "Let me guess, you need a ride?"

"Uh...yes?" Wow, Keefe. Just wow.

Leroy let a out a laugh, his eyes sparkling. "I knew it. Well come on in. I'll introduce you to my uncle."

Keefe nervously followed him inside. For the second time that day, he didn't know why he was so nervous.

The inside of the house was quaint and vary unlike the villa Keefe grew up in.
Fur skin rugs were scattered across the creaky wood floor, a brick fireplace burned to the side of the room, and the whole house smelled of herbs and ash.

"Welcome to an average clan house, oh princely one." Leroy cracked, noticing Keefe examining the house.

Leroy lead Keefe to a kitchen where an older couple was helping an eight year old child with light brown hair and rosy cheeks, pack fruit preserves into a small weaved basket.

Zadie was first to notice the boys. She hoped off the stool she was standing on ran to Keefe, wrapping his legs in a hug. "Keefe!" She shrieked. "Your back!"

Keefe grinned. "Good to see you too."

Leroy cleared his throat and turned to his aunt and uncle.

"Uncle Ewen, Aunt K," he said. "This is Keefe, my friend. He asked if we could be so kind as to let him ride with us to Eternalia for the signing."

Ewen, a large man with dark graying hair, looked Keefe up and down. "So your the one my nephew and niece have been raving about, eh?" He said and held out a beefy hand. "Welcome to Kindlevale, Keefe Sencen."

Leroy turned bright red but didn't say anything.

Keefe took his hand. "Yup, that's me."

Aunt K came up behind her husband. She had a petite frame and long chestnut brown hair.
"It would be a pleasure to have you ride with us," she said. "Zadie has spoken so fondly of you."

"Thank you," Keefe smiled.

Soon they were all crammed inside the Flair's family carriage and on there way to the signing.

Through the ride, Keefe filled Leroy in on everything he'd heard in the meeting room about the treaty.
Zadie told Keefe about the fruit preserves she'd help her aunt and uncle with, to which she explained the differences between strawberries and raspberries.

Ewen and Karra didn't seem to take much interest in their conversations and instead discussed their own theories on what life would be like after the clans came together.

After about a fifty minute carriage ride, the Flairs and Keefe arrived at Eternalia.

There seemed to be some kind of stage set up in the main market place where a large crowd of people had gathered.

Keefe figured this was where the signing would take place.

He searched the crowd for Sophie, but didn't see her anywhere, to his great disappointment.

Ewen and Karra lead them to a far corner of the crowd, near the stage platform.

"When do you think it'll start?" Leroy asked Keefe.

Keefe shook his head. "No idea."

After a few more minutes of waiting there was still no sign of any clan leaders. Or food.

Hunger clawed at Keefe's stomach, the last time he'd eaten was dinner at Exillium two days before.

Just as he was about to go in the search of food, the sight of beautiful blonde girl sprinting toward him caught Keefe's attention.

Sophie ran toward Keefe with smile.

Keefe started to return the smile, but it faded quickly when he saw two people behind Foster.

His parents glared furiously at him just as Sophie's arms wrapped around his neck.

~

Well, this is going to be awkward.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Pretty sure Leroy has a low-key crush on Keefe at this point. Hehe.
Bye!
~T