chapter III ༄

You got me feeling like a psycho.

| Psycho - Red Velvet

 The three of them talked for a while, until it remained the two of them, since Zach had to go somewhere

Tom took a glance at the book Julia was reading. It was the same one that he saw when he bumped into her that night.
"You seem like you will not give up so easily on that quidditch problem." he said.
Julia shrugged. "Told you I am stubborn."
"I don't think you're using the right word. I would say you're...ambitious."
"Not when it comes to cleaning." she joked, flashing a smile afterwards. "You know, you're not like how others describe you. I always thought you would be cold, but you seem pretty alright."

"Pretty alright you say, huh?" it was the first time someone said something like that to him. It was also the first time he accepted it. "Why not pretty powerful?"

"Woah, slow down there! You're crossing a line. I don't think I'll ever be able to call you powerful, considering your attitude when you're mad." she stuck her tongue out.

"I'm offended." Tom said in a sarcastic tone.

Stop! I can't keep up like this. What's more important, is to open the Chamber of Secrets once again and finish what Salazar Slytherin has started. Get yourself together, Tom!

"I am going to go back to the common room. I'll see you at six. Do not be late, or else there will be no more private lessons!" he said leaving.

Lestrange and Asher flinched as Tom pushed to door open. He seemed angry.
"Is there something wrong?" Lestrange wondered.

"Something is happening with me. I keep forgetting about the chamber and my plan." he said, whispering the last part.

"May I ask why that is?"

Tom groaned. "It's that damn girl. She's messing with me. I swear If she hexed me-"

Asher was confused. "What do you mean?" he asked, while looking at Lestrange with a worried face.

"That's the catch. I don't know. I just-I feel she cursed me, or something... Every single time I look in her eyes, I get this annoying burning feeling in my chest."

"That sound like y-" Lestrange reckoned, but Tom didn't give him time to finish.

"And then when I saw her with this boy, who turned out to be her cousin, still, I felt something similar to a pressure in my stomach."

"That is called jealousy, Tom. And the first thing you mentioned is called...love." Lestrange said hesitating on the last word.

He immediately regretted it as he saw Tom's eyes darken. "How dare you say such a thing to me? I am Tom Riddle, there is no place for love in me and I am here for one, and only one reason. But, you know that, right Lestrange?"