chapter XXIV ༄

I fall when you leave

|Possibility - Lykke Li

The next three weeks have passed by ever so slowly as Julia was still trying to figure out what to do about Tom

The next three weeks have passed by ever so slowly as Julia was still trying to figure out what to do about Tom. She didn't even try  talking to him, let alone look for him. She felt betrayed and broken. She felt pity for him, and for herself. She tried saving someone that had no interest in being saved whatsoever.

Pandora and Aaliyah have been there for her these past weeks. They tried comforting her every single time she had a breakdown. But she never really recovered.

Sometimes, in the Great Hall or during classes, Julia caught Tom looking at her. And he kept looking in her eyes, even when she looked at him. But this specific eye contact wasn't anything as close to flattering or flirty; it was sorrowful and empty. As if they both tried to find a single sign of life in each other.

But Julia couldn't find the humanity in Tom no more, and Tom couldn't find the commitment in her. What was he expecting, honestly? That she was going to forgive him after how he treated her? No way.

But there was one thing Riddle didn't know. He had no idea that Julia had found out about his little secret. Hell, he had no idea that, everything would change during summer, that Julia will confront him about the situation.

That's right. After all, she decided to confront him after graduation. Before that, all she wanted to concentrate on were the NEWTs, which would take place next week. After that, she will say goodbye to Hogwarts and the memories forever.

Julia spent everyday studying as hard as she could. The exam week has finally arrived, creating a tenseful atmosphere among the students. That wasn't the case for Julia though, for she felt like she would pass every single exam. After months, she was finally confident for once.

And she was right. She did pass her exam, excelling in every single subject. Now came the real challenge.

After saying goodbye to her teachers and friends, she arrived home, throwing herself on the bed, deep in thought of what she should do next. She then took a paper and a quill, beginning to write down her thoughts.

Dear Tom,

I don't know if you will ever be reading this, for you have shown no interest in speaking to me. Still, I would like us to meet and talk about things. Say our farewells, at least.

These past weeks have been quite rough. I didn't know what has gotten into you. I kept blaming myself for your sudden change. I want you to know that I don't want us to meet just to apologize, because I won't. I have nothing to be sorry for. All I am asking for is an explanation.

Please don't show weakness by not showing up. It doesn't suit you well.

Meet me at Birmingham Park, near your orphanage at 9:00pm next Tuesday. I assure you that I will come alone, in favor of our privacy. Please do the same.