chapter XXII ༄

I want glory.

|Money, power, glory - Lana del Rey

    ♫|Money, power, glory - Lana del Rey

The holidays went by fast. Julia finally got to see her brother.
She also sent two owls to Tom, hoping he would write back. He didn't.

When that one week of holidays passed, she was finally going to see him again. Not that one week was a bloody long timespan, but it was unusual for her not seeing Tom. Of course, she was also happy to spend time with her brother. Their relationship was strong, unique even. They have been and always will be there for each other. Especially her brother, who would protect her with his own life.

And finally, it was time to go back to Hogwarts. The train ride seemed pretty long. Maybe because Aaliyah wouldn't stop chatting about the recent wizarding news, or maybe because Julia just couldn't wait to see Tom.

When the train stopped, each student left it, one by one, holding their suitcases excitedly.
After Julia and her two best friends have unpacked their things, Julia was the first one to go.

"Where are you going?" Pandora asked before Julia could leave the dormitory.

"To find Tom."

Pandora nodded, her eyes holding a suspicious gaze.

~

Julia roamed around the hallways, turning left and right. There was no sign of Tom. Not even in the library. Hell, she even checked the Room of Requirement, but it wasn't useful.

She sighed, thinking he was in the Slytherin common room. That could explain it.

As she was about to turn back towards the Ravenclaw tower, she saw a male figure leaving the girl's lavatory. Her eyes widened.
She quickly made her way towards the silhouette, the both of them now walking on a darkened hallway.

"Excuse me, sir?" she called out to him from behind, squinting her eyes in the dark light.

The figure immediately stopped walking, slowly turning around. Julia's eyes once again widened upon seeing the familiar side profile of the person in front of her.

"Tom?" she whispered.

"Julia." he casually greeted back, showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Hi." she smiled uncomfortably, sensing an awkward tension. "Long time no see?"

"One week isn't that long."

"I know, I just.... I've missed you."

The only reaction she received from the boy was an eye twitch. Nothing else. She felt a bit disappointed, but brushed it off.

"Well then, tell me about your holidays." she flashed a smile, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the dark, into a lighter corridor.

She felt her heart drop as he pulled his hand away from hers. She confusedly turned around. She felt her heart drop even more when she saw him in the sunlight.

His skin was way paler, and as the sun hovered on him, it looked like he was glowing. He was beautiful, but a dark aura was radiating off of him.

"W-wha-" she stuttered. "What happened to your skin?"

Tom cocked an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"You're paler than usual. Are you feeling alright?"

"Oh, for Salazar's sake! Stop worrying about me so much." he replied in an annoyed tone.

Julia frowned, a big pressure forming in her throat that made her feel like she couldn't swallow.

"Aren't you a bit happy to see me? Or, are you even you anymore? Because you sure don't act like yourself."

"Your presence never made me happy, Julia. It only intrigued me. You should be proud that you even have my attention."

"What the bloody hell happened to you?" she whispered in disbelief to herself.

"I've changed. It is rather simple, I have no clue about why you're so broken down by the thought of change. It's pathetic, really."

The girl scoffed in disbelief, trying to fight the forming tears in her eyes.

"Honestly, Tom. One week isn't that long for you to change this much." she quoted him.

He stepped closer, now towering over her. He looked her deep in the eyes, leaning down the slightest.

"Deal with it."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
*internally screaming* I LOVE YOU GUYSNEBBJKSBFB thank you thank you thank youuu for 30k reads! I know I've said that I wouldn't post that frequently, for my exams are coming up, but when I saw the 30k I felt like I needed to give y'all another chapter, even if this one is rather sad than happy.

But, after posting this chapter, I won't be posting anymore for approximately 2 weeks. I really, REALLY need to study and I only have one week left:(( (My exams start on the 15th of June). It's honestly so frustrating guyyysss <:( the major I want to pick has the biggest competition ever, with over 100 students who want to go to the same major. The worst thing is, there are only 28 places, so I really gotta get my mind to work. (i know none of you asked, but I really need to let it all out, and everytime you guys support the story in the comments, it's like you're also supporting me. thank you for that<3)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this small chapter, even if it's not the best one I've posted.

Lots'a hugs and kisses
from your dear author

Ly
🖤