chapter VI ༄

Hold me, our lips must always be sealed

                | Resistance - Muse

 Crying and screaming woke up the students of Hogwarts

Crying and screaming woke up the students of Hogwarts. Everyone rushed outside of their common room into the hallways to see what happened.
All they could see was a body, covered with a white blanket, being carried away. The robes on the dead student were covered with blue strips, meaning it was a Ravenclaw.

Where are you, Julia? was the first thought that came into Tom's mind. Then he saw her, standing in the crowd right in front of him. Her eyes red and puffy. She looked devastated. Their eyes met. Tom couldn't stand seeing her like that. He walked up to her, pushing himself through the crowd.

He was standing in front of her, covering her from the view of the dead student. Suddenly, he grabbed her wrist and walked with her through the crowd. As they left, he started running, still holding her. They ran all the way to the seventh floor, where a door appeared in one of the walls. They entered the room. It was cozy, but dark. It had a fireplace, a sofa, huge bookshelves and big windows covered with black curtains, and a black piano.

Julia didn't know about this room. Actually, none of the students knew about it, except Tom. He used the Room of Requirement as a room for himself, away from the world.

The girl leaned towards the wall with her back facing it. She never stopped crying and she couldn't seem to stand on her legs. She pushed herself down, sitting on the floor against the wall and crying.

"Stop crying." Tom couldn't bear to hear her cry and mostly see her like that. He had never felt so guilty in his whole life. "Please, just stop."

He didn't say it in a cold tone. He meant it. Because every time he heard her sob, every time he saw a tear run down her face, he felt weak for her. He weakened for her, the feeling making his eyes water. For the very first time in years, tears fell down Riddle's face. "Please." he crouched facing her. He held her chin, so she could look him in the eyes.

"She's dead, Riddle. Do you get that? She's dead."

The tears from Tom's eyes were now constantly falling. But they weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of guilt, of regret, of remorse. He never realized that he would hurt her. He never realized until now, how much he cared for her. He never knew that someone like her would make him feel so many more things beside his hunger for power.

"They will forget about her, aren't they?" she asked after she settled down. "Like it never happened."

"Like it never happened." he repeated, staring blankly out the window, looking at the stars and the moon.

~

It was Friday, two days after the incident. No one dared to go in the bathroom where Myrtle, the girl, was killed. The classes were dismissed for the week, and that would've been their last day at Hogwarts, since the headmaster had decided to close the school.