chapter XIV ༄

In all the good times I find myself longing for change,  in the bad                                  times I fear myself.

     | Shallow - Lady Gaga ft. Bradley   Cooper

  It was time for the quidditch practice

  It was time for the quidditch practice. Julia rushed to the pitch, searching for the team's captain, Davies. When she couldn't find him, she decided to search in the broom shed. Luckily, she found him, sitting down on a bench, gripping on his broom. He looked as if he has been sunken deeply into his thoughts.

"Ahem." Julia cleared her throat.

Davies snapped back to reality, raising an eyebrow. "What now?"

"Is it true?"

"What are you saying?"

Julia sighed. "Is it true that you are letting me join the team?"

The corners of the boy's lips turned upwards, forming a not-so-friendly grin. "Sure. But I hope you won't be taking it for granted, Wallis. You could never know what would happen if a Bludger knocks you down. Especially if you get distracted easily." his smile faded as he noticed that Julia wasn't listening. He waved his hand in her face, causing her to flinch. "Hey! Do you hear me?"

"Yes." she answered, but her gaze wasn't directed on the captain.

"What are you looking at?"

"Nothing." she grabbed a broom, heading outside. "Let's just get started."

Davies couldn't say that Julia wasn't good at flying on a broomstick. Hell, she was really good. Her balance was on point, no matter how fast she went.

The practice went by fast, especially for Julia hence this was her first one. As their feet touched the floor, they headed back to the broom shed.

"I have to admit. That wasn't so disappointing, Wallis." Davies said as he put his broom down.

"Thank you." she smiled proudly. "So what am I qualified as?"

Davies looked out the small window, furrowing his eyebrows. "Chaser. Definitely a chaser."

The boy left the shed, leaving Julia with a big smile on her face.

Chaser. I am a chaser. she thought, still smiling.

Stepping out of the shed, she started making her way towards the school. Suddenly, rain started pouring. By the time she got to the castle, her hair and clothes were soaking wet.

She rushed to the Ravenclaw tower. As she entered, she caught many students' attention. There was a fourth year student, along with three first years and two seventh years.

"Woah, there! You're bringing mud onto the carpet." the prefect said, watching Julia's steps.

"Oh, really? I didn't quite notice." Julia grinned sarcastically.